3D Toolpath PreView

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
It would be great if you could upgrade toolpath view to 3D with rotate, pan, zoom and zoom functions. It would help us get a better idea of the actual progress with more complex tool paths.

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
Understood... Would it be possible to integrate an alternate 2D view option with a key command to alternate the display for X/Z or Y/Z planes instead of just X/Y?

gmarsh1

gmarsh1
Actually a vertical scroll bar to the extreme left or right edge of the screen that shows movement of the Z would be sufficient .. The bar could be 'scaled' according to the limits of movement established for Z axis on F1 screen. That way it would be an accurate representation on each machine. Perhaps an arrow or some means of marking the point on the bar where the Z work offset has been set, and a moving marker to indicate + & - movements of Z axis.

gmarsh1

gmarsh1
Sorry, I meant to say that ADDING a vertical bar to one side of the existing X/Y view should be a much easier fix ..

gmarsh1

gmarsh1
Yes .. similar in appearance to the scroll bar that's found on the side of most any open program on the computer .. with a darkened moving section that could be scaled in size to the current tool length .. and some kind of fixed marker that identifies the Z work offset location so you have a visual on where the tool is in relation to the work piece.

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
That sound like a great idea @gmarsh1 . A graph showing the current tool Z depth and a fixed reference to the final depth of cut would be great. On first runs I often find myself wondering how much deeper the toolpath needs to cut and did I leave enough tool sticking out of the collet!

remy

Remy
Hi

Please have a look at Haas next Gen-Control. They use awesome funktions like machine coordinates, work coordinates, distance to go and operator, all can be displayed on the same page to help the user.

Would be easier to implement (I think) than a 2.5D visualization,