4th axis display

peter35

Peter35
I have a 4 axis controller however there is only x,y &z on the display. Is there an option to having the A axis display turned on?

I now have a 4th axis motor connected for my rotary table.

Serial No 5A-1984 and 5A-2192

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
Hi @peter35 , I asked the same question when I first got the 4th axis upgrade last week. They said that the extra DRO still in development. You should have an "A" axis displayed in the Machine Coordinates window to get some idea of the current angular position but thats all they have for now. I've been shopping for a decent Rotary Table but have not settled on one yet.... What type of 4th axis table did you get?

peter35

Peter35
I am just using a Vertix 8" rotary table with a nema 34 motor, direct drive.

Noticed on the Tormach website they are using something similar.

Table came from Hare & Forbes, have only done maybe a dozen jobs with it over the years. Was running Mach3 before l changed over to the masso controllers.

Can use machine co-ordinates but is easier with the bigger display.

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
I have used Mach 3 for the last 10 years myself. I still use it on my scratch built CNC router but I am enjoying my new MASSO. That sounds like a cool DIY 4th axis option... I probably should look into that as well. I have a couple leftover Nema 34s still in the box that could work. Hopefully they can get the A axis DRO up and running soon.