Adjust THC voltage during feed

jolbas

Jolbas
Hello.

I'm trying to find a way to adjust the THC voltage during feed to keep it active in corners and small radius where I need to slow down. My THC (MiniTHC) can be adjusted with a simple protocol and I can set it by using "M62/M63 Turn on/off Digital Output Synchronised With Motion". The problem is that for every M62 or M63 in G-code the feed halts, which results in a nudge in the cut.

Do anyone know a way to get some kind of output without stopping the feed? Can't use the spindle speed control because it's not present in the plasma version. Can't find any way to use the serial port or the rs485.

Thank you.

/Bj rn Jadelius

jolbas

Jolbas
If running this G-code:

G91
G1 Y10 F500
M62 P1
G1 Y10
M63 P1
G1 Y10
M30

Masso halts the feed on the M62 and M63 lines. I would like Masso to maintain the feedrate over these lines. "Synchronised With Motion" is suggesting it is supposed to.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
MASSO will always stop the motion on these commands because otherwise it does not know where you want it to execute the command.

Can you please provide some info on what you are trying to achieve?

jolbas

Jolbas
If I need to change the feed in some parts of the cut, that is easy, I just need to add a F and the new feed to the g-code. Masso doesn t have to stop to do that, right?

If I at the same time want to change the voltage setting on the THC to match the feed, then I need some kind of output signal from Masso. The output could be one of the following:

1. Analog out. Like the spindle speed 0-10V

2. A serial byte

3. Parrallell out using 6 or 7 digital outputs

Best Regards

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19

jolbas

Jolbas
Quote from MASSO Support on January 18, 2019, 2:06 am

yes you will have to control the outputs via gcode to signal your THC.

Then I really would like the feed motion to not stop on the M62/63 commands. Shouldn't Masso know where and when to change the outputs (at the same time it sends this step signal to the motor driver). And if you want Masso to stop the feed you can put in a G4 command.

It turned into a feature request...

Best regards

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
its bit tricky to do that, lets see the below example:

X0

X10

X20

In this gcode the motion will run from 0 to 20 and if we want to do something at 10 then its hard to define that without stopping the motion.

jolbas

Jolbas
Ok.

I cant't see there is a problem with the definition. If we for simplicity assumes that Masso sends just one pulse to the motor driver for each g-code unit. Then if we want to change an output at position 10 it should happen after the tenth puls and before the eleventh.

On the other hand I can understand this could be a challenge to achieve at 100 kHz pulse rate. Especially if there is one process that controls motor pulses and another for TTL outputs. Maybe even different processors.

However, the M666 and M667 work without stopping the feed. I am of course not sure they are perfectly matched with the position.

Regards

paulmac21

paulmac21
Hi Jolbas,

Could you please post your wiring diagram for how you hooked up the minithc to the masso. Have bought one myself, but not having much luck. Cheers