Another E-stop ?

clover

clover
My Masso will be connected to a Gecko G540 Motor Controller and this controller has its own E-stop input.

Do I just not use this and ignore that Estop by connecting Pins 10 and 12 (on the strip connector) together thereby relying on Masso's E-stop only?

Thanks for your help. Patrick

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Please connect the enable pins of the drives via the estop button, its always a good idea to be able to disable the drives via E-Stop.

clover

clover
EDIT: Should have looked first before asking the question. MASSO Relay Output 7 carries the E-stop signal. Please ignore below.

The E-stop buttons and the E-stop input to the G540 are at different potentials. To have the E-stop on the G540 operate when either of the MPG or external E-stop buttons are pressed I need to interface a relay.

E-stop Pin #2 on the MASSO supplies a suitable signal to drive a relay, perhaps not directly but through some interface device e.g. FET, Transistor or Optoisolator. Even though it's not an output pin per se, can you please tell me the current sourcing/sinking ability of this pin?

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
You can directly connect a relay on Pin 7 of the Relay connector on MASSO, please see the below wiring example:

Relay%20Connections-1024x653.png