ATC setup on MASSO output for AIR SEAL

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
NEED help if Anyone here that is converted there machine to masso or using ATC spindle on there cnc machine, i am reading the Documentation on Documentation about linear tool change :

this what Documentation Says:

Input
  1. Tool Changer Input 1 for Spindle draw bar Status (Low for clamped and High for un-clamped)
  2. Tool Changer Input 2 for Dust Hood UP OK signal (i will not used this my machine has no dust hood)
  3. Tool Changer Input 3 for Dust Hood DOWN OK signal (i will not used this my machine has no dust hood)
  4. Tool Changer Input 4 for Tools Tray UP OK signal (i will not used this my machine has fix tool tray)
  5. Tool Changer Input 5 for Tools Tray DOWN OK signal (i will not used this my machine has fix tool tray)

Output
  1. Chuck Clamp M10/M11 for spindle drawbar clamp and un-clamp (Low to clamp and High to un-clamp)
  2. Tool Changer Output 1 to move Dust Hood UP (i will not used this my machine has no dust hood)
  3. Tool Changer Output 2 to move Dust Hood DOWN (i will not used this my machine has no dust hood)
  4. Tool Changer Output 3 to move Tools Tray UP (i will not used this my machine has fix tool tray)
  5. Tool Changer Output 4 to move ToolsTray DOWN (i will not used this my machine has fix tool tray)

My ATC has 4 port for the air intake and i need 4 solenoid valve to controlled this.

1. solenoid valve for the tool clamp and unclamp

2. solenoid valve for RETURN (this is need for quick spindle on, if you don't used this i need to wait for 5 second before spindle on otherwise the spindle will burn.

3. solenoid for Air Sealed (this more important because this will needed to be ON during the spindle is ON and i will be OFF when the spindle is OFF)

4. Solenoid for DUST REMOVAL ( this is will be on before the spindle get the tool holder on the tray to remove the dust or any chip on the tool holder.

My question is how to controlled this using the OUTPUT Relay on masso, my solenoid valve is 24 volt airtack.

thanks and advance

REX

emailhelpdesk

emailhelpdesk
You can't convert a regular spindle to an ATC spindle that will hols ISO 30 tool holders. Probably either iso30 or HSK style. depends on spindle HP and manufacturer.

Keep in mind that an iso30 tool holder with nut and ER32 collet will be close to $200 each, not including the bit. So a set of 5 tools for a tool changer can easily cost $1200-$1500.

Regards

roadrunner email support

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
I just bought one this jgl100-2.5kw ATC spindle the only problem is on how to configure it to masso

Attachments

• IMG_20190405_161924.jpg
    IMG_20190405_161924.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 13

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
I have one problem that solve, I used one of my solid state relay that can accept input of 3-30volt and I connect it to pin 2 of spindle, when m3 is called the pin2 of spindle give 4.6volt that volt will ON my solid state relay and open my solenoid valve that give air to my ATC Spindle AIR SEAL while it's running the spindle. And it will turn off the spindle and solenoid valve when the m5 called.

Hoping to solve the other problem.

Attachments

• IMG_20190409_213957.jpg
    IMG_20190409_213957.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20190409_214023.jpg
    IMG_20190409_214023.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 11

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
Quote from testyourdesign on April 18, 2019, 3:14 am

Looks like a good question for @masso-support or @clover to address. ?

Cheers, Stephen Brown

Masso support told me that I cannot used this pin. My question is how can I used this output. Solid state relay has an optocoupler inside. It isolate this output to the load side of the relay.

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
Quote from MASSO Support on April 18, 2019, 6:48 am

@pinoy-cnc datasheet of the solid state relay please.

Here is the datasheet of relay

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190418-122939.png
    Screenshot_20190418-122939.png
    369.6 KB · Views: 16

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
looks ok but it says that it need 12v signal to trigger but the TTL output is only 5v. The manual is not very clear on min and max trigger voltages.

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
Quote from MASSO Support on April 18, 2019, 9:16 pm

looks ok but it says that it need 12v signal to trigger but the TTL output is only 5v. The manual is not very clear on min and max trigger voltages.

It's need to operate input of 3 to 32 volt to trigger the relay

Attachments

• IMG_20190418_200908.jpg
    IMG_20190418_200908.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
thanks and that looks ok, as MASSO's output is 5v it will work fine, please just make sure that the device has an opto as per the document else it will damage the entire controller.

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
Quote from MASSO Support on April 23, 2019, 1:32 am

thanks and that looks ok, as MASSO's output is 5v it will work fine, please just make sure that the device has an opto as per the document else it will damage the entire controller.

Thanks for the reply, also I have initial testing of my ATC yesterday its going fine only thing that I notice is every time after getting the new tools the machine z axis goes up until the Z zero and move to were is the set work coordinate, how to fix this because its a waste of time to go Z zero after changing the tools.

Thanks

Rex

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
Quote from MASSO Support on April 23, 2019, 7:42 pm

what type of tool changer do you have, can you please share some photos.

It's linear tool changer, I will post some picture next because I am out of town. I will comeback on Monday

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
Quote from MASSO Support on April 23, 2019, 7:42 pm

what type of tool changer do you have, can you please share some photos.

Please see this video, to see the issue that I am talking about...

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
we have updated the tool changer logic as per your feedback, please find attached version 3.40.21pre for your controller and provide feedback or video after testing.

Attachments

• 00002757.HTG
    480 KB · Views: 15

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
Quote from MASSO Support on May 2, 2019, 2:10 am

we have updated the tool changer logic as per your feedback, please find attached version 3.40.21pre for your controller and provide feedback or video after testing.

Thanks I will try this tonight