Auto Tool Zero and Touch Probe electrically connected?

shaunbarlow

shaunbarlow
Hi all,

I've set up Auto Tool Zero touch plate successfully and am adding a touch probe.

Is there any issue with running a jumper wire from the Touch Probe input to the Tool Zero input?

(Schematic drawing attached)

This way, I connect the Touch Probe to the Tool Zero plate and don't have to run a second wire back to the Masso.

It seems to work in my tests so far but I'd like to hear the official word on any problems this may cause.

Cheerio,

Shaun

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Both the signals are two separate signals.
  1. The auto tool zero signal is supposed to be connected to a fix touch plate on the machine bed at a set location.
  2. The probing plate for G38.2 code is for doing work piece touch offs.

shaunbarlow

shaunbarlow
Thanks for the response to this.

I understand that they are two separate signals.

What I'm experimenting with is to put a jumper wire between the two inputs on the Masso that are assigned as the Probe and the Auto Tool Zero.

Then attaching my Probing plate to the Auto Tool Zero plate when probing.

I guess the question that I'm trying to answer is:

Are any problems having the Probe and the Auto Tool Zero inputs being triggered simultaneously during Tool Zero and G38.2 cycles?

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
Hi,

I would like to know if i am doing the right way on wiring my touch probe.

Here is the Schematic and picture of my touch probe

Thanks

Rex

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Yes that looks good, after wiring please make sure to invert the signal in the F1-Setup screen and when you press the button, only then you should get the HIGH signal, else select the input and press the space key to invert the input.

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
Quote from MASSO - Support on March 6, 2018, 7:12 am

Yes that looks good, after wiring please make sure to invert the signal in the F1-Setup screen and when you press the button, only then you should get the HIGH signal, else select the input and press the space key to invert the input.

Thanks

patchlead

Patchlead
I have my probe input working. How is the official way of calling the zero process.. I can't seem to make it "zero" I have auto zero setup in F1 and even run a few tool changes. It just changes the tool then keeps going with out trying to Zero... Can i call the Zero function manually?

I am running the new V3.29a software if that is the cause of issues.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
So basically the auto tool zero calculates your tool length offset and you still need to use the work offsets to zero the job.
  1. For example if you touch the tool tip on the top of the work piece and click the Z zero button, then this will become the your Z0.00
  2. You can also use F4-Work offsets screen and set work offset.