AutoDesk IdeaStation New Post Processor for Fusion 360

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
Please help us motivate AutoDesk to create a new Masso Post Processor which is fully integrated into Fusion 360 and Autodesk HSM CAM software by voting for this feature to be added through the Autodesk IdeaStation. You can vote for this on the AutoDesk HSM Idea Station Forum at the following web site. I submitted the idea after contacting AutoDesk Fusion Team and they forwarded my request to the CAM Product Manager who said we should use the idea station to submit the request. If we gather enough votes they will consider it. Please go to the following sight and vote today!

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-...essor-for-masso-cnc-controller/idi-p/8331680#

angelars

AngelArs
OK I went there and voted. Fusion360 is a great software. Masso is great hardware.

Would be really great to see them both working together.

breezy

Arie
Staff member
Have voted and passed the request on to the members of the shed to vote as well.

I will remind them when I go there tomorrow.

Arie.

For the Bicton Men's Shed

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
Just got some good news from the Autodesk HSM Manager. The ideastation post is picking up traction and just got promoted to Under Review so thank you very much to all the users that have voted. Its looking very promising and the Masso users are driving its success. If you have not voted and your interested in improving the post processor for your Masso please vote for this at the above web site.

angelars

AngelArs
Yes I just got the same Under Review e-mail notice.

Come on people, ask others to vote! It takes ten seconds to vote. Having this would be a big milestone for Masso.

peter35

Peter35
Have voted.

Masso, what newsletter, l do remember registering but haven't seen anything.

I have been using fusion 360 post processor on my VMC for the last few months without issue.

angelars

AngelArs
This is great guys. Yesterday when I was there we had 4 votes.

I just checked again and now were up to 33 votes!

Let's keep the momentum up. If you haven't voted then simply click the link below;

Vote Here

simjim33

simjim33
sorry but why would you do this?

The fanuc post works fine and fusion is broken in every space within the program.

The masso is not comparable to fusion.

It shouldn't be ether.

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
I just want to thank everyone who supported this initiative and casted a vote on the AutoDesk Ideastation. As of this morning over 100 Masso supporters voted for the new Fusion360 post processor. This will really help Masso and the growing Masso community of users. I will keep you posted on further updates.

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
You need to test it out carefully before implementing it but this is awesome news. Congratulations to all the Masso team.

Stephen Brown

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
What a great outcome, thank you all for your great support and this would have not been possible without your support and a special thanks to Stephen (@testyourdesign). This will help us tremendously as making and supporting post for each software is hard for us.

We will also update our website to point to the Autodesk link. Now with this we can slowly have the lathe and 4/5 axis posts also done.

simjim33

simjim33
Please don't think im being snotty about this but, expect anything fusion 360 related to be buggy and un finished if AD anything to do with it.

I have 100% proper faith in the hind team and Masso. but have lost too much money with fusion to have any confidence in it.

Free is not free if it costs you money in materials and/or breaks tools for fun.

Having a dedicated post is nice. but it will be problematic.

Why was there a need to move from the standard faunc post anyway? what was so wrong about it?

please heed my words. I talk from painful experience.

good luck

simon

angelars

AngelArs
Seeing how there has been such good response with the Fusion 360 post processor, I was wondering if a Vectric (V-Carve Pro) post processor would be needed. or is there already one for the Masso?

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
Hey Guys, I just noticed that AutoDesk updated the Masso Post Processor. You can compare the revision level for your post processor in Fusion 360 with the one on the AutoDesk Site by clicking on "Open Config" when in the Post Process window. It should open up the config file in your G-Code editor or ask to install Brackets editor that comes with Fusion. The Revision is shown on the 4th line down the list.

@angelars there is no special post processor for V-Carve that I know of. Masso instructions say to use the Mach2_3_Arcs_inch.pp or Mach2_3_Arcs_mm,pp for V-Carve.