Building CNC Machine from DROPROS

michaelmorris

michaelmorris
I recently purchased the WBM20 CNC Mill from DROPROS. I am using a MASSO controller. I figured out how to wire servo motors (Teknic) but not the spindle motor. According to the good folks at DROPROS, the Masso can drive an Anaheim Automation motor driver, which in turn controls the brushless motor on the Weiss spindle. I reached out to Anaheim Automation and they recommended a MDC300-120301. But said they are unsure how the Masso would drive the controller, unless I am using analog voltage to control the speed.

Like many folks here, I'm new to the world on CNC machining and have never assembled one. Can someone shed some like on AA's question concerning analog voltage and whether or not this unit will work to operate the spindle?

Thanks Y'all!!!

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
whats the drive model you have on the machine right now, can you share the model and link to the user manual?

Ross

Ross
I think I saw that or one very similar on YouTube he went through the whole procedure in his cnc conversion.

Have a search you might find it.

From Ross.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
@michaelmorris, had a more detailed look at the MDC300-120301 drive manual and yes it will work with MASSO. Please just message us when you are ready and we will make a wiring diagram for you.

michaelmorris

michaelmorris
Quote from MASSO Support on May 25, 2019, 3:03 am

@michaelmorris, had a more detailed look at the MDC300-120301 drive manual and yes it will work with MASSO. Please just message us when you are ready and we will make a wiring diagram for you.

Hello MASSO Support,

The MDC300-120301 drive will arrive at my today. Could you please provide a wiring diagram? I have attached a pic of spindle wires. Thanks a TON!!!

Attachments

• SpindleWiring.jpg
    SpindleWiring.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 18