CONTROLLER

raifdsgn

raifdsgn
hello dears

for the machine here,i want to know how to order the piston to comes down before the rotary knife starts cutting along the gantry(
)

do you sell a solution,please?
thanks in advance

best regards
Raif

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
@raifdsgn

That device is called a tangential knife or a drag knife. Masso only sells the CNC controller for those types of machines. Here are a couple link for the parts you requested.

If you decide to build your own machine then you will need a Masso controller to control the motors and actuators of that machine using G-Code. Looks like a cool project. Good luck.

Cheers, Stephen Brown

raifdsgn

raifdsgn
Quote from testyourdesign on December 22, 2018, 1:57 am

@raifdsgn

That device is called a tangential knife or a drag knife. Masso only sells the CNC controller for those types of machines. Here are a couple link for the parts you requested.

If you decide to build your own machine then you will need a Masso controller to control the motors and actuators of that machine using G-Code. Looks like a cool project. Good luck.

Cheers, Stephen Brown

@testyourdesign

thanks Stephen

but I need to cut fabric so I will usr rotary knife as shown in the video I shared ,the question is, how to control the Aluminium rail the move down to prevent the fabric from moving while the knife cut along the Gantry ????

thanks in advance

Raif

machinedude

machinedude
I don't know anything about the type of machine but if I had a need for one I would probably start by taking a look at how other machines with that feature generate the code for the programs first to get an idea of how the process is executed. taking a wild guess here it would appear that the hold down bar is connected to some sort of linear actuator to move up and down on command. I would guess those machines have some sort of machine Macro the goes through the process when possibly a M code specific for that machine type is called out in the program. thinking about how the hold down would work in general I would think the hold down would have some kind of spring tension on it so when the actuator is at the end of its stoke you get a desired hold down force across the bar and an a margin or error on the adjustment of the stroke. I would also guess the actuator would be controlled by an active low or active high to tell the machine when and where to place the hold down bar. interesting machine though even if I know nothing about them.

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
@raifdsgn

The round cutting wheel on the machine you showed is also considered a drag knife. It works exactly the same way by placing the wheel very slightly behind the axis of rotation on the center of the cutting arm. This allows the roller to follow the direction of cut. The roller head is usually floating up and down on a light spring mechanism which allows it to move freely in the Z axis.

Alternately if you want to control the rotation of the cutting head you will need to make tangential cutting head by using a stepper motor to control the rotation of the head and another motor to raise and lower the head. Those are very expensive and require specialized G-Code to control the head. One of the Masso users made a video that used the 4th axis function in angular mode to make this type of cutter. If you study it you should get a good idea on how it works.

You could easily hold the fabric down using a strong vacuum source pulling through the table top surface if it was made from a porous material like MDF board. This vacuum source is created using a large displacement vacuum pump called a regenerative blower. We use these to hold flat sheets of wood on CNC router tables. The trick with the MDF is to seal the opposite side of the panel and along its perimeter using lacquer/varnish/polyurethane paint and machining the MDF top surface to remove the surface skin. That will allow all the vacuum force to be applied to the top surface of the panel.

Once you have a vacuum force you can simply add a the thin plastic sheet on top to hold the fabric to the table like they show in this video.

Cheers, Stephen Brown

erokofthenorth

erokofthenorth
I have this Machine which i am totally gutting and updating. You would not realize how little information there is on this machine.

First the fabric is held down by suction . Many ways of building it. i suggest you keep the drill z axis working. My table i 6ft wide and 40 ft. long

over 7000 hole i drilled by hand. The smaller the holes the better spaced 2 in grid apart. I have used many surfaces and believe it or not , for the roller blade i used an aluminium sheet top.

The knife and pen are executed with pneumatic relays for each tool . piston down air on or off /up

tool path or change is assigning a color for the tool. blue draw, red cut for example.

There are many different export files , hpgl , dxf . plot .uc for the machine to read. My nesting software exports a .log file. The machine translated to a .uc file. basically a Hpgl file somehow translated to .uc Don't looking for it . it is an autometrix file. that's why it has taken me years to solve.