Conversational programming

gmarsh1

gmarsh1
There should be an operator input for 'step over' to set the width of the cut when using conversational programming .. if it was listed as '% of tool diameter' it should work for both inch & metric users the same ..

gmarsh1

gmarsh1
Either would work, and in fact exact values may be preferred by most users ..

I mentioned percentages because that seems to be what tool makers use in their recommendations ..

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
thanks and we have added this request to our feature request list. Hope that over time others can also give their opinions in this forum.

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
I agree with @gmarsh1 that this is an important option for the conversational programming. Just take a look at John Lambert's YouTube Video "Tool Height using a Haimer on the Masso" to see what happens when you program it without a step over.... at the 6:40 mark he talks about this issue and by the end of video his shop looked like a hookah lounge gone out of control!

I personally like the percentages of tool diameter option. That's what I usually use to set the optimal load for profiling and slotting operations on my mill so you would be saving me a step. I also would like to see an option to add a different speed for the plunging operations. If its to complicated to add another variable I would just preset it to at least 1/2 of the feedrate.

angelars

AngelArs
I agree that exact values would be preferred by most users, but why couldn't it simply be a drop down list and then you choose the one that works for you (percentage or exact values)...