Converting the 3Dtek Heavy Mill using the GRBL AIO over to MASSO Controller.

formeindustrious

FormeIndustrious
Hi,

My name is Scott Turner. I have the 3Dtek Heavy Mill running the GRBL AIO CNC Controller and 1.5 kw Air-cooled Spindle. I have the MASSO Controller Hardware now and I am looking forward to retrofitting this equipment. Has anyone on this forum done this, and if so do you have any tips before I go charging ahead? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Scott

clover

clover
Welcome aboard @formeindustrious

I converted a Shapeoko 3XL a unit that is a tad lighter than your 3Dtek machine. Mine too was GRBL and moving to Masso was the best thing I have done. Not a lot of advice I can give up front except to say if you haven't yet purchased your stepper driver I can recommend the Gecko G540, it just works and interfaces beautifully especially if you have purchased the 3Dtek Masso to Gecko Parallel although I notice its price has more than doubled since I bought ming about 4-5 months ago.

My conversion went beautifully. Rest assured there is help on this forum if you need it especially from @masso-support who answer queries almost daily. Good luck.

formeindustrious

FormeIndustrious
Thank you for the reply Clover! Great to hear that the change over was so beneficial, and thank you for the recommendations. I have a few spare days coming up so I am looking forward to laying everything out and hooking up the new system. Should be fun.

Cheers!

breezy

Arie
Staff member
Scott,

The Bicton Men's Shed purchased the Heavy Mill with Masso Controller & Gecko 540 driver.

See the installation in the Intro forum on this link

I'm willing to answer any questions that you may have.

Regards,

Arie.

For the Bicton Men's Shed.

formeindustrious

FormeIndustrious
Sorry for the late reply Arie, thank you for the link. I'm about to start the conversion so I will definitely check it out.

Regards

Scott

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
@formeindustrious

hi Scott let's first start with a basic wiring diagram that will give us idea on how many wires are required, next we can start positioning all the components in the enclosure and start wiring them.