Cycle rewind input

peter35

Peter35
I usually use cycle start & cycle stop inputs (waterproof button on control panel), is it possible to have a cycle rewind input (button).

Hands are normally covered in coolant and try to minimize keyboard use.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
we can add another input to the inputs list for this. will it be better to have a seperate input for this or the cycle stop button input when pressed for like 3 seconds acts as a rewind?

remy

Remy
Cycle stop for 3 sec. is better, to leave other inputs free.

But please add a disable function in settings if some user dont like it.

peter35

Peter35
I would prefer a separate input.

Each program l run, l have to hit rewind first before starting job, if l do not do this machine moves randomly.

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
I have a similar issue to @peter35. In order to get the cycle start to work I have to press the rewind on screen. In addition, for some reason I can't use the external cycle start button to start the program. The external switch works on tool changes but not on the initial start. An external rewind switch input would be very handy.

breezy

Arie
Staff member
Have it the same as the F2 screen, a separate input.

Regards,

Arie.

For the Bicton Men's Shed.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
thanks for the input and we have added to our list for a seperate rewind input. Being a small addition this will be released in the upcoming update.

angelars

AngelArs
Quote from Peter35 on October 17, 2018, 1:49 am

Thank you, should it be labeled "cycle rewind". this would match cycle start and cycle stop.

+1

Yes, that is much less confusing when it simply reads cycle rewind.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Cycle rewind can also be take as just a cycle restart, lets say a drilling cycle, then it might sound like just rewind the drilling cycle. So we think gcode rewind might be better.