Cycle Start Error

jonunder

jonunder
Last week during testing we had a hiccup that we can't figure out. We were running a 4 axis program and sometimes while moving the A-axis, the MASSO would seem to feedhold. We could press cycle start and sometimes the system would continue without issue, but other times it would continue feedholding a few times before continuing. Here is a video of it occurring multiple times in a row. while trying to move the A.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
can you please share the gcode file that you are running in the video? does this only happen when using A axis?

please also let us know the controller serial number so that we can get more info about your setup.

jonunder

jonunder
I have attached the gcode we were running and yes it seemed to happen only with A-axis moves. The serial is 5A-2790. It is currently loaded with the newest alpha software you guys shared with me for umbrella tool changer logic (v3.41.13a). You have shared the latest release with me, but I have not installed it because I have turned the CNC over to the machinists and am planning to let them run for a week or two before I install the main release with probing.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Hi jonunder

Thank you for the test file and settings.

I ran it up on my machine over the weekend and got similar results to you with the A axis intermittently stopping mid motion and restarting with a press of the cycle start. We will look further into it.

Thanks for letting us know.

regards

Peter