Delta VFD-E

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
  1. The output on spindle CW or CCW pins can be normally set L (low) or H (high), it depends on the VFD and your wiring. Its just that in F1 settings you have an option to invert this signal by pressing the space key.
  2. Yes set the spindle control to VFD and the maximum RPM value your spindle will run at 10v.
  3. For the encoder settings, if you are not using an encoder on the spindle then you can leave any number but if you are using one then you will need to enter the pulses per revolution that you will receive on one complete revolution of your spindle.

911masso

ROUTERMAN
Hi Hind

Good, I like the video about the new version.

I do need help on the Delta VFD-E inverter, I think I have an idea why the spindle is not running at all from Masso.

I need help on setting the parameters correct, and this is how it's set up now

400 for RPM at 24000

1 for 0 to +10V from AVI

0 for Digital keypad

F 0.0

01.09 for acceleration time

01.10 for deceleration time

I honestly don't know how to get this ready for the Masso, please help me with this problem ?

Thanks

Chris Holz

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Yes you will need to have the right parameters for the VFD to take the 0-10v and FWD/REW signals.

Please see the below video:

I did try lots of different things on the VFD-E and finally the Masso is now giving the spindle some RPM.

When I use the Masso to make a cut or drill or anything else, the spindle is at the RPM which I can see off the VFD or Req: 100% but it's

not showing the RPM on Masso it's only showing 0.

It shows the "Req." at whatever rpm it needs to be at 100% like if it should be 10000 thats what I see "Req: 10000 100%"

I tried many extra things to add on the VFD but no difference, still not showing RPM on the display.

Any idea on what I should add on the Delta VFD-E ?

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Great that you got the VFD working, will be great if you can share how you got it working.
  1. The RPM display is the display that shows the RPM from the encoder connected to the spindle and if no encoder is connected then it will show 0.
  2. The Req: is the Required RPM displayed, this is what the gcode tells the system that what RPM it wants the spindle to run at.

ezzupturbo

Ezzupturbo
Quote from Guest on February 9, 2018, 12:46 pm

I did try lots of different things on the VFD-E and finally the Masso is now giving the spindle some RPM.

When I use the Masso to make a cut or drill or anything else, the spindle is at the RPM which I can see off the VFD or Req: 100% but it's

not showing the RPM on Masso it's only showing 0.

It shows the "Req." at whatever rpm it needs to be at 100% like if it should be 10000 thats what I see "Req: 10000 100%"

I tried many extra things to add on the VFD but no difference, still not showing RPM on the display.

Any idea on what I should add on the Delta VFD-E ?

Actual Rpm will only show on the controller if you have the encoder connected.