Dmm DYN 4 tuning and settings

cncburn

cncburn
I'm having some trouble finding all of the appropriate settings for my new drives. What mode should the Drives be in? Position, speed, cw/CCw. Best guess is position. What should the Gear number and line number parameters be set for?

cncburn

cncburn
And how do the paired drives communicate with the masso to let it know where they are at? Is this strictly the homing procedure, and zeroing the axis, then the masso counts the pulses (and direction) it sent out? I.e. No encoder feed back to the masso. I'm just trying to develop a better understanding on what is going on. Thanks

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
  • Yes you will need STEP/PULSE and DIRECTION mode on the DMM drives with MASSO.
  • For the electronic gearing option, it depends on your machine setup so cant exactly comment on this.
  • There are two ways of slaving the axis, one is that you connect both drives STEP and DIRECTION signals together to the same axis connector on MASSO and the other is to use the MASSO's A or B axis as slaved axis, which one out of these two you need info on?

cncburn

cncburn
I plan on slaving the B axis to the Y axis. Utilizing the software. So the next question is: To reverse the direction of one servo, should I just check the "Invert Direction" box in the B axis window, or is there another method (reversing the dir +- wires?)?

Dmm gave me a very good explanation about setting the electronic gearing, if they give me permission, I will post it for other users.

Question 2 What is maximum pulse frequency of the controller? 110khz?

Question 3 Is there any interface for the encoders, or does the masso keep track of position purely by the homing sequence, and the pulses output to the servos?

Thank you

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
  1. Yes please just use the direction invert option on the B axis settings.
  2. 110kHz is the maximum axis frequency but with the new USB drivers update its limited to 40kHz for the time being until the issue is resolved.
  3. Encoder feedback is only connected to the drive and yes MASSO references from the homing sensor/switch.
  4. Please make sure that you wire the DMM alarm signals to the MASSO.