.dxf files?

buckmaster1967

Buckmaster1967
Hello,
Very new to cnc. Building first cnc plasma table. Downloaded a bunch of plasma files from plasmaspider.com
Great site. .dxf files are the files you find everyone are using for Mach and plasma cutting. Masso does not support these files. Is there a work around? Anyone?

buschbwbusch

buschbwbusch
U are skipping a step u need a cam software to turn ur lines arcs and splines into.G code, altough u may see something on the inter web say Mach 3 can take a dog file. I believe that functionality has been discontinued. Masso runs the g code as does Mach 3 or Linux cnc. There is probably a free cam software u can download, but I like Bobcam for plasma. This is going to take a lot of digging in on ur part. Plasma setup is more than just torch on and cut. Although it is not rocket science I need to set ur plans up to remote start etc.

buckmaster1967

Buckmaster1967
Thank you very much for your reply and time. This explains a lot. I now have a direction to travel. Researching is part of the challenge, Thanks again.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Thank you buschbwbusch for the explanation.

For a plasma type use SheetCAM is probably the simplest and the best, its also very nicely priced. Most of our clients use SheetCAM for plasma and fabric cutting jobs.

jcoldon

jcoldon
the process is you draw in cad. save the drawing as DXF files. then you need a cam program. as suggested sheet cam . what happens in sheet cam
you load the dxf file. then you put in your torch cutting information for the thickness steel your cutting this information is in the hypertherm manual.
once you set up your cutting information in sheet cam . you will then do a post in the program. that generates the G codes file . you then load that in the masso . in sheet cam you will need to load what is called a post processor for masso it goes under machine settings in sheet cam.
this allows the proper G code to work right with the masso . take a look at youtube there are lots of videos how to use sheet cam.
hope this helps