E-Stop Alarm will not Stop Blinking

michaelmorris

michaelmorris
Upon firing up the MASSO, my E-Stop (Release Button) alarm blinks red. The button is already released. I am using the MPG Pendant. Only E-stop button I'm using right now is MPG. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've pushed and released button several times ... still blinks red.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Hi Michael

I'm assuming you are using an MPG pendant purchased direct from Masso or are using one that is wired the same as per the circuit diagram. https://www.masso.com.au/masso-documentation/?section=e-stop

I have to admit this took me a little bit of head scratching when I first set mine up.

If you are using only the Pendant then you need to connect the Masso positive of the power supply to EStop pin 1 and then your pendant EStop button will work. EStop pin2 is left disconnected when using a pendant.

If you decide to add an external EStop button at a later date just put it in series with the +ve of the power supply and EStop pin 1.

After powering up Masso the Estop will be flashing and you just need to cycle the EStop button to reset. This is done to test to make sure it is working before machining begins.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Peter

breezy

Arie
Staff member
Quote from MASSO Support on June 7, 2019, 9:23 am

If you are using only the Pendant then you need to connect the Masso positive of the power supply to EStop pin 1 and then your pendant EStop button will work. EStop pin2 is left disconnected when using a pendant.

If you decide to add an external EStop button at a later date just put it in series with the +ve of the power supply and EStop pin 1.

Peter,

The information marked in red is missing from the E-stop document page.

It is implied with the second set of drawings which shows the E-stop button inline with the +ve power supply to pin1. It is not made clear that +ve needs to be supplied to pin1 to make MPG E-stop work.

Regards,

Arie.