E-stop question

mr-ben

Mr. Ben
Working on the set up page on new MASSO controller. I have 12v power (same as MASSO) connected to NC contacts in e-stop switch

and then to pin #1 of the e-stop connector block. I also have MPG pendant connected. E-stop works on the MPG but not on

the other E-stop. I measure 12v at the e-stop connector with the switch out and 0v with the sw tripped. What am I missing.

Ben

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
sorry for the delay in communication due to the weekend

I think you need to invert the estop input signal, please goto the F1-Setup and in the inputs list please select the first input "E-Stop" input and then press the space key to invert the input. Both estops should work fine after that, you might have to rewire the estop buttons from NC to NO or the other way around to get the right position of the buttons.

mr-ben

Mr. Ben
Hi,

Thanks for the reply! On the set up page, how do I find the other E-stop input, I can only find one? It is at the top of the

input list. As a further test I disconnected the MPG cable and connected the external e-stop sw to pin #2 on the E-stop block.

It worked correctly. What next?

Ben

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
There is only one estop input as both the estops are connected to the same input, so you just need to invert this input only.

mr-ben

Mr. Ben
I give up. If i wire the external e-stop sw NC and connect to e-stop pin #2, e-stop set up to H, without the pendant connected, IT WORKS! If I then plug in the pendant, and move the e-stop signal from pin #2 to pin #1 per the instructions, the external e-stop sw will no longer lock the MASSO. HOWEVER the pendant e-stop works. If I invert the signal (with space bar) neither work! While jugging signals around any time there is a L (set up page) the controller go into lock. Could pin #1 on the e-stop block be bad?

Ben

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Can you please make a quick wiring diagram of how you have wired up the system please also show the estop buttons being either wired to NC or NO because this is suppose to be very straight forward to wire and we will have a look.

markwayts

markwayts
Change your e stop wiring to normally open. When you use normally closed it can t tell if you open one because the other one is still closed

mr-ben

Mr. Ben
Thanks Mark. What you say is correct IF I wire the external sw to pin #2 on the e-stop block. You now have two NC sw's wired in parallel. I can wire the external sw either way but I can't change the pendant sw wiring. I got the pendant from CNC4PC and that may be the problem, as it requires a adapter board to connect to MASSO. I guess I can pull the e-stop wires off the adapter board, wire the two e-stop sw's NC in series, connect to pin #2 on the e-stop block and all will work!

Ben

mr-ben

Mr. Ben
Working! I took Mark's advice and wired both e-stops NO (opened the pendant), and connected the external e-stop to pin #2 on the e-stop block. I would rather not do it this way as you no longer have a fail-safe e-stop system, and it is not wired as the documentation suggests. Oh well.

Thanks Mark, for the nudge.

Ben

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
As you mentioned @mr-ben that you should connect NC and yes that is the right way, please see the attached diagram and this is how you should wire it and actually not use Pin: 2 on the MASSO estop connector. Please give it a go and let us know.

Attachments

• EStop-Wiring.png
    EStop-Wiring.png
    328.7 KB · Views: 20