editing My own G-code

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
hi masso support,

i am playing on this editing g-code on masso, as stated in the manual that i need to go to F2 - program & mdi and press the ctrl+E

and the editing windows pup out but the window is empty. do i missing something?

i am trying to edit the loaded g-code on masso because i don't want to go back again in CAM to edit one line in my own g-code.

thanks

Rex

Attachments

• IMG20190828131535.jpg
    IMG20190828131535.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17

peter35

Peter35
I have edited programs in the past, there is a limit to size of program.

looking at your photo this appears to just be a contour job so possibly a small file. If the file is too large you will get a message.

Maybe press rewind ( CTRL R) on program so program is stopped and ready to run again, then press CTRL E to edit.

See if this works.

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
Hi Peter,

I just try that before, I rewind the program and press again the Ctrl + E no change at all. Still empty dialogue box.

Rex

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
Probably right on the limit for what can be opened. Try testing a different program with only a couple lines of code. I keep a standard program template ready with only the header and footer program info so I can make simple programs as needed. I use the Ctl E option all the time on those types of projects. Here is a small program I made last night. It should work for you to.

Cheers, Stephen Brown

Attachments

• Peck-Drill-Hole-No-Spot.nc
    329 bytes · Views: 15

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
even if the file is too big to edit, there should be a message displayed in the window but there is nothing, never seen this before.
  1. so you goto F6 screen and load a file.
  2. next yo goto the F2 screen and press CTRL+E ?

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
@pinoy-cnc

It is very strange but it could be a problem with the NC program. Maybe your NC program has a bunch of blank carriage returns at the end? Did you try to scroll up in the edit screen? Did you try a different program or different USB stick?

Cheers, Stephen Brown

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
Quote from MASSO Support on August 28, 2019, 10:54 pm

even if the file is too big to edit, there should be a message displayed in the window but there is nothing, never seen this before.
  1. so you goto F6 screen and load a file.
  2. next yo goto the F2 screen and press CTRL+E ?

Hi Masso support,

i just done the instruction that you told but is still the same please see the video.

but when i load the short g-code that Stephen Brown provide it works. here is the video

@testyourdesign thanks for the short g-code...

thanks

Rex

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
Quote from MASSO Support on August 30, 2019, 9:46 pm

@pinoy-cnc can you upload the gcode file that is having editing issues in the forum so that we can check on our side?

sorry for the super late reply so busy , here is the copy of the g-code that i am trying to edit, inside the masso.

Regards

Rex

Attachments

• acrylic-oval-3mm-thick.nc
    34.6 KB · Views: 16

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
@pinoy-cnc

You can try removing the Block Line Numbers (N10 to N7155) when posting the G-Code to reduce the file size but I'm afraid that this file is to big for Masso editor. .

Cheers, Stephen Brown