Enclosures and Humidity

andyleahy

andyleahy
I have recently bought a masso and im not sure will it survive in a computer case with my climate here in ireland. My cnc plasma is in a workshop which can be quiet damp at times, not wetwet but it is damp enough on a foggy day. Does anyone have any tips on how best to house the masso controller or wether it would damage easy in a damp enviroment.

Also, can the masso be setup in an almost airtight box to help with humidity problem?

Thanks

halfstep

Halfstep
Here in southeast Missouri, we get a lot of humid weather as well. I am currently building my first CNC conversion and have wondered the same thing. My shop has a window air conditioner so that will help a lot in the summer months. But I have also thought about the other times when the humidity is high when the temps are too low to run the air conditioner. One thing that caught my attention is a gun safe dehumidifier. You can get them for $20+ and this seems like a reasonable to control humidity problems. Ebay and Amazon sell them. You might look at one and see if it will work for you.

x-cnc

X - CNC
The easiest way is to included some sort of a Silica Gel desiccant in the enclosure, like thy do when a product is shipped from overseas.

One such example is shown below;