Feature Request: "A HALT Input Pin Function"

eldonb46

eldonb46
Feature Request: "A HALT Input Pin Function"

(Edit: Sorry, this should have be posted in Feature Requests, now trying to move it)
(Moved it for you. Arie. MASSO Support)

I have several Devices on my Masso CNC machine that I would like to know that they are NOT in trouble and NOT ajar. For example, I would like the system to stay-in or change-to a HALT mode, if: the Dust Brush has has be knocked ajar, or the Side Spindle Probe is not in place (or other future devices statuses). Each of these devices have break-away mounts to avoid major damage "when things go wrong". Device internal switches provide electrical status of each.

So far, I have not found anything that suggest this is possible with Masso, and therefore this Feature Request.

Am I missing something, does this capability already exist, or does anyone have a suggestion?

I have thought of one kludge method to DIY implement a HALT status button/circuit: That is to: run my device status circuit voltage to a "multi-vibrator module" which would feed fast ON-OFF pulses into the "Cycle Stop Button Input" line. These pulses would only exist while a problem is detected, or when I turn-on or press a table side button. I will be attempting to implement this Kludge in the next few days.

Also See: https://www.masso.com.au/forums/topic/trouble-trying-to-undefine-and-input-pin/

Note: I have mixed feelings about the current implementation of "Cycle Stop", which currently does not stop the Spindle (I understand both sides of the argument), For our use, I will deal with that issue later.

-Eldonb

eldonb46

eldonb46
After some initial experiments, it looks like I can create a DYI HALT button and Device Status Circuit For the Masso Controller.I ordered pulse modules from Amazon and have been experimenting with them as a pseudo rapid-multiple-button press for the "Cycle Stop Button Input". Which of course will cause the program to HALT. We want the program to just "Halt" and not E-Stop to avoid the rehoming requirement.The repeating pulse modode will ensure that the program "stays" Halted until the problem is addressed.

I have not, as of yet, implemented the support "Status Circuit" that will provide; 1) a "Table Side Button", 2) console status and control indicator, and 3) the device-configuration-status circuit for my Spindle mounted devices. Currently, we have two Spindle mounted devices that are implemented as an Automatic Deployed Z Probe, and an Auto-Level Adjust Vacuum Brush. It is desired to have each device HALT the Masso Controller, if they are ajar or knocked out of position.

I plan to configure the Status Circuit as a +Voltage while not-Halt mode, so that a broken wire or connector will be seen as a HALT, Indicator LED Lights and Lock-out Switches will be provided for fast fault diagnostics.

For the pulse module, search Amazon for B018INS9QM

More informaton to follow.
-Eldonb