Haunyang Spindle Trouble

jerry-in-maine

Jerry In Maine
spent the last couple days converting my machine from a Mach3 setup to Masso. Everything has gone fine up to the point where I'm connecting my VFD and Spindle.

When I start the spindle in either direction the VFD frequency display runs up to 120 ha and stays there. RPM display on Masso screen says zero.

I checked for varying voltage on Massos Spindle pin 1 and just get about .75

I have the VFD's parameters set up according to info I've found here. I've prodded and poked looking for poor/incorrect connections but the wiring is pretty simple...out of ideas here?

any ideas?

thanks!

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
so what happens if you remove the VFD wire from MASSO spindle connector 1 and touch with MASSO ground to make the signal go 0v.

whats your spindle max RPM and have you set this value in the MASSO spindle settings?

jerry-in-maine

Jerry In Maine
Spindle is at max RPM now. Looks like I had a VFD parameter set incorrectly. Can I vary the speed from the keyboard? Havnt tried that yet...if that works I'm all set, but if I wasn't able to see 0-10 volts speed adjust will be an issue.

dinner time so done for the day. Will set out on a VFD/spindle jihad tomorrow morning.

jerry-in-maine

Jerry In Maine
MASSO Spindle Pin 1 stays at about .075 volt no matter what I do. Doesn't vary between 0-10 volt range as I vary speed from keyboard. Spindle runs full speed - 24k RPM - in either direction.

wondering if MASSO controller has an internal issue?