hello to all

machinedude

machinedude
Hello everyone I've been on here for a few months and figured I would introduce myself. I've been a machinist for just about 30 years now and always had an interest in the CNC side of my trade. Started building hobby machines probably close to 20 years ago and always ended up using steeper motors and never was able to invest a ton of money in my builds because as I'm sure you all know this is an expensive hobby.

Needless to say I was looking at some Granite epoxy builds and was fascinated with what people were doing with it and decided to test the material out and was actually impressed with the test pieces before I decided to jump in head first. since this was all new I figured I would try my first AC servo build while I was at it. Go big or go home right :)

Finally got my 240V power run out to the work shop and got a work station built to mount this controller enclosure to. so hopefully I can start bench testing some stuff and see some motors spin soon. The thrill of a big pile of parts has long worn off and just starting to see a big plie of spent money with no results :) this controller was under estimated and has been on going for what seems like forever too :) I'm actually looking forward to getting back to the actual machine part of this scratch build since making chips is my strong point.

Greetings from Jason H. in Pa. :)

tayloredtech

TayloredTech
Quote from machinedude on January 13, 2019, 7:11 pm

Hello everyone I've been on here for a few months and figured I would introduce myself. I've been a machinist for just about 30 years now and always had an interest in the CNC side of my trade. Started building hobby machines probably close to 20 years ago and always ended up using steeper motors and never was able to invest a ton of money in my builds because as I'm sure you all know this is an expensive hobby.

Needless to say I was looking at some Granite epoxy builds and was fascinated with what people were doing with it and decided to test the material out and was actually impressed with the test pieces before I decided to jump in head first. since this was all new I figured I would try my first AC servo build while I was at it. Go big or go home right
?

Finally got my 240V power run out to the work shop and got a work station built to mount this controller enclosure to. so hopefully I can start bench testing some stuff and see some motors spin soon. The thrill of a big pile of parts has long worn off and just starting to see a big plie of spent money with no results
?
this controller was under estimated and has been on going for what seems like forever too
?
I'm actually looking forward to getting back to the actual machine part of this scratch build since making chips is my strong point.

Greetings from Jason H. in Pa.
?

Welcome Jason!

Sorry mate I must have missed your post!
We are all here for the love of putting that pile of parts together with a Masso to make something beautiful which can then make us more beautiful things and even some money if we are good enough and have the time so I hope you find what you need on here and obviously we are all here to help each other out. The Masso support will help as much as possible when they aren't working on new updates and the millions of questions and suggestions we all have to share.

Get them chips flying again mate!

Mitch :)