Help wiring my PRICE avhc10

bprice

bprice
Has anyone wired up a Price torch height control? My longevity 62i has a 50 to 1 voltage divider. I am really confused with the stranded wire pairs. Torch up, Torch down, and Arc okay all have two wires each and Masso only has one input for each. So I have the blue( torch up) , brown(torch down), and green ( arc okay) run to masso inputs and powered up the avhc10 with all my connections double checked, but still can't get an arc okay or up or down commands even though I have verified that avhc is putting out signals. The Price avch10 manual shows running the black wires into various breakout boards that have two terminals for each input, but the Masso only has one terminal per input. I have emailed sales@pricecnc.com many times with no response. Has anyone wired one up? My table is cutting good now so this and my air scriber are next. Thanks - Ben

clover

clover
@bprice I am unfamiliar with the Plasma version of Masso having a standard CNC. However, I have looked at the Price THC information and I may be able to help. Inside the Price unit those three pairs of wires with which you are having trouble each terminate into an electronic switch (similar in operation to an on/off switch).

I assume the inputs for these signals on the Plasma Masso are like almost all other inputs on a Masso - that is they are opto-isolated. This being the case your wiring is fairly simple.
  1. Connect each of the black wires to your Masso power supply positive.
  2. Connect the blue, brown and green wires to the relevant Masso input pins.
  3. The attached diagram should help.

When the electronic switch inside the Price unit closes the opto-isolator inside the Masso will be powered and the appropriate action triggered. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Price.jpg
    Price.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 8

bprice

bprice
Thanks Clover, in the manual it shows it being wired to a "common" on various boards, so that is a positive DC voltage. I thought common was a linked ground or negative on the power supply. Had it backwards! I owe you big time. I as going run those 3 black wires to my masso power supply and do some more test cuts. Thank you again- Ben

clover

clover
Thanks Ben. Common means different things to different people - common ground, common negative, common positive etc.

Have you seen this video? If not it may be helpful.

bprice

bprice
Thanks for the link. I hooked up the black wires to the +masso power supply. Then performed the signal check on the Price avhc , you can test up, down, and arc okay signals while in the setup menu and it shows each signal is to the right input and shows high/low status on each check. So I set each setting to the suggested value , in setup you can only chose the PROMA, which I did, then did a test cut and would get the no arc okay fault. I tried just the NO Thc with arc okay setting, still gives the No arc okay alarm and stops the program, even though the arc okay lights on the avhc when the torch fires. I hooked up my multi meter and the green wire sends a signal when the torch fires. I selected NO thc and NO arc okay and program runs and cuts out the part just fine, touch off, pierce, cuts just great. I did a program with small holes, arcs, sharp corners, ran perfect, parts within .008 to .009 including holes with good edge quality and little dross. But with the torch height control on it gives the NO arc okay fault everytime. I double checked the input and the manual says the arc okay wires are not polarity dependent so I should be fine. I am running the masso post with torch height control, which runs fine in sheetcam so I am out of ideas. I wonder if the signals from the avhc are not compatible with the masso. It sends step and direction signals. I talked to a guy who runs a avhc with Mach 3 and says its great, but mach has an entire THC window. Clover , do you know anyone who is running a Price avhc with the Masso? Thank you again for getting me closer, the signals show up in the setup window. Here are some pictures.- Ben

Attachments

• KIMG0629.jpg
    KIMG0629.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
  • KIMG0628.jpg
    KIMG0628.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 12
  • KIMG0627.jpg
    KIMG0627.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • KIMG0626.jpg
    KIMG0626.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
  • KIMG0625.jpg
    KIMG0625.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 12

clover

clover
for getting me closer

Thanks Ben, at least we are making some progress. I noted in my first post in this thread that - I am unfamiliar with the Plasma version of Masso - so I am in foreign territory. See this for my basic background.

Tomorrow (it's Sunday evening here - after a heavy weekend) I will have a look at your information above and see what we can work out.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
@bprice yes please use the PROMA in the MASSO THC settings. The reason for the ARC alarm is that MASSO is not getting an ARC OK signal from your THC, from your wiring and test the MASSO is getting the ARC ok signal in test mode but when you run the torch, is your THC giving the ARC ok signal?

bprice

bprice
Hi Clover , hope all is well. The pictures I posted show the up/down/arc okay signals on the F1 screen lighting up when tested, and in test mode it actually sends the Z axis up and down verifying that it is working. I have inverted the the arc okay signal and it runs cut files normally. I have tested it is sending the 12 volts to the arc okay input, and it goes active high when tested. I am kinda out of ideas at this point. I am going back to basics and looking at everything. Thanks for all you help- Ben

bprice

bprice
I have inverted the arc okay to kind of bypass that function. The table is running very smooth, but I am still trying to figure out this issue. I have ruled out interference due to the up/down signals working fine during cutting. Here is a part I cut that came out perfect with practically zero dross at 40amps. This is the G code from sheetcam run with the Masso post processor, please note this is in INCHES. If anyone wants to run this on their machine and give me some feedback. I cut it out of .100" steel . Thank you- Ben

Attachments

• large-butterfly.tap
    159.9 KB · Views: 14
  • KIMG0632.jpg
    KIMG0632.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
Hi,

Any developments about this price THC is suitable for Masso controller .

I am also planning to get one of this THC.

Thanks

Rex