Home All Axes on V3.44

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
I tested V3.44 on my G2 series mill last night and noticed something odd. Has anyone else noticed that the Home All Axis command is now using Work Coordinates instead of Machine Coordinates? Was that an intentional change or a new bug?

The description for the update mentions new probing and backlash compensation. I don't notice anything different on those items. Was there a change or is that just a carryover from an older notice?

Thanks for all the software updates @masso-support

Cheers, Stephen Brown

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Hi Stephen,

Could you please elaborate.

When you home the machine the working coordinate DRO's show the working coordinates as defined in the G54 offset table.

The Working coordinate DRO display the working coordinates defined in the Homing setup.

I loaded 3.43 and 3.42 and also 3.39 just because I could. They all display the same. Did you recently save coordinates to the G54 offset table and before that maybe they were all 0.

Or am I looking at the wrong thing. Let me know and I will look further.

Cheers

Peter

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
@masso-support

I could be wrong but I thought you could reposition the machine to machine origin or home location using Home All Axis button on MDI screen. Right now it goes to my G54 work offset location when I press that button. Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Stephen Brown

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
Bench tested my new G3 controller using V3.44 and V3.45 found it to be working as expected but my G2 controller using V3.44 is not working as expected. Pressing Go to Home All Axis on MDI screen moves to my work origin (g54) and not to the machine origin like it used to before the last update. Can you check on a G2?

Cheers, Stephen Brown

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for putting my right on this, I misunderstood what you were asking.

I tested again and found that 3.44 behaves as you expect.

The [Home All Axis] button on MDI screen sends you to Machine coordinate X,Y & Z zero while the [Go to Work Zero] button on the F2 screen takes you to Working coordinate X & Y zero.

I cannot explain why yours is behaving differently. Can you post a screen print after a [Home All Axis] and one after a [Go to Work Zero]. It might show something.

Are you using a mouse to press the buttons or are you using a touch screen or is it a . If we can reproduce the problem we will be able to figure out what is happening.

Cheers Peter

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
@masso-support

Here are the screenshots you asked for and my settings file for S/N: 5A-2806. Go to Work Origin is working properly. It's just the Go to Home all Axis on MDI screen that does not work properly. It only sends the Z to home and not X & Y. I wonder if anyone else has this issue?

Cheers, Stephen Brown

Attachments

• Print-Screen-001.bmp
    769.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Print-Screen-002.bmp
    769.1 KB · Views: 17
  • MASSO_Settings.htg
    688 bytes · Views: 17

cncnutz

CNCnutz
Staff member
Thanks for the screen shots and file Stephen.

I loaded your settings file in my G2 and ran some tests. As you can see from the screen shots below I duplicated your offset and position before doing a go to home all axis and as you can see in the 2nd screen capture it went to the Home position and not as yours did going to the G54 location.

I also tried it running a file as I can see that you were, just in case this was the cause but it still homed correctly. I will see if I can get the 3 axis software version for my Masso and see it if behaves differently as that is the only thing I can now see we have different.

Cheers Peter

Attachments

• Before.bmp
    769.1 KB · Views: 17
  • After.bmp
    769.1 KB · Views: 13

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Hi Stephen,

Don't panic, you haven't lost the plot. I got the 3 axis version for testing and it behaves as you describe. Just like a [Go to Work Origin] button instead of a [Go to Home all axis].

I have written up a bug report for this and submitted it for investigation.

Cheers Peter

doc1

Doc
I am running ver 3.49 5 axis and the home button on the jog screen does nothing at all, can t get my machine to machine home at all.