Intro from Josh

ecs

ECS
Hi fellow Masso Users,

I have a machining/engine building background but am in the business of exhaust parts... They make me more money and are less hassle.

My goal is to convert my machines (lathe/mill) so i can use them once again. They're all just sitting idle and i'd like to see them making chips again.

Its my first attempt at anything CNC so there will probably be a lot of silly/dumb questions. So please be gentle!

First project is the lathe.

Thanks,

Josh

clover

clover
Welcome aboard Josh. Sounds like interesting projects ahead of you.

By the way there is no such thing as a silly or dumb question. If we don't ask we will never find out.

There are many of people on this forum who are willing to help especially the Masso people themselves and I promise everybody will treat you gently.

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
Welcome aboard Josh aka @ecs

I think you will find the Masso setup fairly easy if you take your time and simply get it up and running first before adding a bunch a features. If you upload some photos of the mill and lathe we can shoot you some ideas. I've personally built several of scratch built machines and converted a couple with much success. I just simply love the challenge and amount of technical detail there is building CNC machines. Feel free to ping us directly using our @ handle or contact @masso-support who is always glad to lend a hand.

Cheers, Stephen Brown

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
thanks everyone for the kind support and welcome to the MASSO forums Josh, every day there is something to learn and we are also learning so much from everyone, so no issues and we all look forward to your project.

ecs

ECS
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the support!!
Will start my machine conversion post soon and keep everyone up to date on how i'm travelling.

Thanks,
Josh

carl

Carl
Welcome Josh

Masso is the go. If you convert your Lathe please look into a ballscrew conversion. Things will be easy for you as you are already a machinist. Where are you located?

Regards Carl

ecs

ECS
Thanks for the reply @carl

Definitely doing the ball screw conversion. I have started a build thread with the parts ive sourced. Take a look would love some feedback.

Located central coast NSW.

Thanks,

Josh