Laguna Swift CNC

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Using MASSO controller for Laguna Swift CNC that had a RichAuto AX1 controller and Leadshine ND 2278 Stepper motor drivers.

saintb6969

Saintb6969
I am currently doing this conversion and will share information as I get it. First off here is the basic settings for the Delta MS 300 VFD. Mine is the 3hp water cooled spindle and you must ensure you have these basic settings in the VFD before the Masso will even turn the spindle on with the M3 command. I am setting mine up to only run in the FWD direction and rpms is going to be controlled by the Delta control panel for now, I will set the Masso to control Rpms later.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
  1. For Delta MS300 VFD please see this link: https://www.masso.com.au/docs/masso-cnc-controller-documentation/spindle-drives/delta-ms300-vfd/
  2. For RichAuto A11E DSP Controller, please remove the A11E DSP board as all drive signals will be wired directly from MASSO.
  3. The touch plate wiring that you provided (in the attachment) is wrong, you simply need to connect the -ve of the MASSO power supply to your spindle's body, then wire the touch probe directly to the MASSO input using a resistor as shown below:

Touch-Plate-Z-Zero1-1.png