M10/ M11 Vacuum output

tayloredtech

TayloredTech
I didn't see an output dedicated to a dust extractor? Are the P62 codes always activated with motion or can they be solely controlled via G-code?

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
dust extractors dont have a specific gcode, you can use M7 or M10 or even P62, it's a matter of adding the gcode to your file.

tayloredtech

TayloredTech
Quote from MASSO - Support on October 23, 2018, 8:28 pm

dust extractors dont have a specific gcode, you can use M7 or M10 or even P62, it's a matter of adding the gcode to your file.

I'm still so confused with the coding.. are some editable and others fixed.. like G0 and G1 rapid and linear movements that's obviously fixed and has a meaning but I read one document that says one thing and then read the same code doing something else... How can you make M7, M11 etc do things in Masso? I see there is the ability to link P62x commands to outputs but that's all?

I need to see a video on G-coding I think :)

breezy

Arie
Staff member
Quote from TayloredTech on October 24, 2018, 2:34 am

Quote from MASSO - Support on October 23, 2018, 8:28 pm

I'm still so confused with the coding.. are some editable and others fixed.. like G0 and G1 rapid and linear movements that's obviously fixed and has a meaning but I read one document that says one thing and then read the same code doing something else... How can you make M7, M11 etc do things in Masso? I see there is the ability to link P62x commands to outputs but that's all?

I need to see a video on G-coding I think
?

I'm in the same boat, so if you find a good source on G-coding let us know and I will do the same. Maybe we should start a topic called G-code links?

Regards,

Arie.

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
@breezy & @tayloredtech hopefully this will help... Think of the dust collector as an appliance that you need to switch on or off when you start stop or change tools. Mist and Flood Coolant systems are similar appliances.

The G-Code commands for M07 (Mist on) or M08 (Flood on) and M09 (Mist and Flood off) are used to control relay outputs from Masso. If you are using a CAM package like Fusion 360 or V-Carve these commands are automatically added to program at the appropriate point. You just have to select the mist or flood coolant function to be used when you select the tool in the CAM program. M07 turns on the mist at the start of program and after a tool change is completed. M09 turns it off before a tool change starts and when a program ends. If you follow the wiring instructions for the Masso relay driver outputs you will notice that he shows how to connect a relay which is used to turn on these external components. Relay Wiring

The outputs for those relays are controlled through the software as shown in OUTPUTS table on the F1 Screen . Simply select the function for Mist under relay output you want to control and connect your relay to that terminal and Masso will control what ever device is connected to that relay the same way as it would the mist or flood coolant when it sees the M command in the G-Code. So all you need to do is connect a suitable relay to Masso and the dust collector and your done.

tayloredtech

TayloredTech
Quote from testyourdesign on October 24, 2018, 3:13 am

@breezy & @tayloredtech hopefully this will help... Think of the dust collector as an appliance that you need to switch on or off when you start stop or change tools. Mist and Flood Coolant systems are similar appliances.

The G-Code commands for M07 (Mist on) or M08 (Flood on) and M09 (Mist and Flood off) are used to control relay outputs from Masso. If you are using a CAM package like Fusion 360 or V-Carve these commands are automatically added to program at the appropriate point. You just have to select the mist or flood coolant function to be used when you select the tool in the CAM program. M07 turns on the mist at the start of program and after a tool change is completed. M09 turns it off before a tool change starts and when a program ends. If you follow the wiring instructions for the Masso relay driver outputs you will notice that he shows how to connect a relay which is used to turn on these external components. Relay Wiring

The outputs for those relays are controlled through the software as shown in OUTPUTS table on the F1 Screen . Simply select the function for Mist under relay output you want to control and connect your relay to that terminal and Masso will control what ever device is connected to that relay the same way as it would the mist or flood coolant when it sees the M command in the G-Code. So all you need to do is connect a suitable relay to Masso and the dust collector and your done.

Agreed Arie! IllI look for some tonight and post something up. Need to write up examples also so explanations of lines of code.

@testyourdesign Yes I think I get that kind of thing but I did read somewhere the M10/11 code turns on dust extraction but I'm guessing that's maybe not consistent with standards?

I'll be using Fusion so maybe I set up the P62x commands in that to do different things? Can you make your own conditions for when these are implemented? For example, I'll have a 9Kw 3 phase vacuum pump for my CNC that I can control via a contactor I'll be installing and it would be good to have control of that as well as dust extraction, compressor control etc.

Thanks guys ?