MASSO locking up during tool change and Z axis hard error

breezy

Arie
Staff member
I was in the middle of doing a programmed tool change (manual) when the Z axis hard limit was triggered (proximity switch). Operating the homing input button wouldn't re-home the machine and operating the start cycle input button wouldn't complete the tool change function. The only solution was to reboot the MASSO.

Shouldn't homing have priority over any current operation?

Regards,

Arie.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
yes, pressing the home button should have homed the machine.

Was the hard limit alarm still flashing and controller working when you tried to home the machine?

breezy

Arie
Staff member
Quote from MASSO Support on November 4, 2019, 7:52 pm

Was the hard limit alarm still flashing and controller working when you tried to home the machine?

The hard limit alarm was still flashing but the proximity switch was cleared ( loose screw).

The controller was active in that I could open and close the MDI window, but that was all.

In the past I had a problem with the tool change function where I wanted to do something (forget what) and I locked up MASSO, the only way out was a reboot.

Regards,

Arie.

breezy

Arie
Staff member
It will be Monday before I can do that, I only attend the shed once a week.

Regards,

Arie.

breezy

Arie
Staff member
@masso-support

Tested this today.

Commanded a tool change and then triggered a Z hard alarm. Hard alarm & home led flashing, pressed home button no action.

Pressed cycle start button, tool change message went away. Pressed home button again and the machine homed.

But didn't try it during a programmed tool change which was when it occurred last week.

Regards,

Arie.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Hi Arie

I did some testing tonight on my set up and simulated the issue you had.

Like you I found that you have to press the Cycle start button to cancel the tool change function.

You can either press home then cycle start or cycle start then home and both will work fine.

I'm not sure if this is a bug as such as it is still in tool change mode but will check further.

Cheers

Peter