Masso - No alarm signal

jcapitao

JCapitao
Hey guys

I have installed my hybrid servos and my new drives. When i pull the "encoder plug" from the drive to simulate an encoder error, the drive immediately flashes an alarm, and that axis stops working, which is what it is supposed to do. My problem is that the Masso controller is not displaying the alarm.

All my A- are going to the common, and the "A+" of the X, Y and Z drives are going to Input 10, 11 and 12 respectively.

Help anyone?

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
can you please share a link to the drives manual and a wiring diagram on how you have wired the alarms.

jcapitao

JCapitao

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 16

jcapitao

JCapitao
And then i also changed input 10 as per following pic as well. Obviously i did this for Input 11 and 12 as well, being Y and Z axii.

Attachments

• Capture03.JPG
    Capture03.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 16

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
its just a reference diagram, please check the drive output with a multimeter as we dont have the drives to test.

lpnb

lpnb
Quote from MASSO - Support on November 7, 2018, 4:51 am

its just a reference diagram, please check the drive output with a multimeter as we dont have the drives to test.

Thanks I will.

jcapitao

JCapitao
Ok, i changed the black wire to the +ve of the MASSO, and i am getting the same result, Drive alarms out, but no "alarm message" from MASSO. Since i have changed the black wire to the +ve, does that mean i need to switch the black wire to the "alarm +" of the driver also?

Should i be getting a Voltage reading at "INPUT 10", once the alarm signal has been activated???

Cheers

jcapitao

JCapitao
I thought about it.

Maybe i should be running my wires as follows:

From the +ve of the MASSO to the "+ alarm" of the Drive unit. Then from the "-ve alarm" on the Driver to the INPUT of the MASSO.

I'm guessing the DRIVER has an "always open" circuit here, and then once the DRIVER sees an error the circuit closes and lets voltage through to the MASSO "activating" the alarm signal????

lpnb

lpnb
Quote from JCapitao on November 7, 2018, 6:44 pm

Ok, i changed the black wire to the +ve of the MASSO, and i am getting the same result, Drive alarms out, but no "alarm message" from MASSO. Since i have changed the black wire to the +ve, does that mean i need to switch the black wire to the "alarm +" of the driver also?

Should i be getting a Voltage reading at "INPUT 10", once the alarm signal has been activated???

Cheers

The way I see it should work - see attached.

This is what it says in the HBS86H manual:

"Alarm signal: OC output signal, active when one of the following protection is activated: over-voltage, over current and position following error. This port can sink or source 20mA current at 24V. In default, the resistance between ALM+ and ALM- is low impedance in normal operation and become high when ES-D1008 goes into error. The active level of alarm signal is software configurable. See Hybrid servo software operational manual for more detail."

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 17
  • HBS86H-DRIVE.pdf
    250.5 KB · Views: 20

lpnb

lpnb
Quote from JCapitao on November 7, 2018, 9:55 pm

I thought about it.

Maybe i should be running my wires as follows:

From the +ve of the MASSO to the "+ alarm" of the Drive unit. Then from the "-ve alarm" on the Driver to the INPUT of the MASSO.

I'm guessing the DRIVER has an "always open" circuit here, and then once the DRIVER sees an error the circuit closes and lets voltage through to the MASSO "activating" the alarm signal????

yeah sounds right. except the drive O/P is conducting when normal and OFF when in error state.....I think...purely from my understanding not actual testing.....but im close.

jcapitao

JCapitao
Yes

Kind of lines up with me previous statement. Cheers for that. I'll switch some wiring around tonight, and report back tomorrow.

Do you run a VFD? If so, which brand?

lpnb

lpnb
Quote from JCapitao on November 8, 2018, 12:22 am

Yes

Kind of lines up with me previous statement. Cheers for that. I'll switch some wiring around tonight, and report back tomorrow.

Do you run a VFD? If so, which brand?

Cool, I'd like to know myself since I have not actually tested it, thanks for being a guinea pig :)

It's a Fuji FVR-11E Why?

jcapitao

JCapitao
I bought a router out of China, and they have used a VFD: FULING INVERTER DZB312B007.5L2DK. They seem to have added their own "model number", being a DZB312B.

There is no such thing when you try and find a manual online. I got hold of someone in China, and they reckon it is actually a DZB200B(see attached). When you look for a manual, you can find one for the 200M, and 200J. There is no "B".....

This machine was configured for NCStudio, but obviously trying to run MASSO now. I don't want to wreck my VFD by wiring it wrong....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 16

lpnb

lpnb
Quote from JCapitao on November 8, 2018, 12:37 am

I bought a router out of China, and they have used a VFD: FULING INVERTER DZB312B007.5L2DK. They seem to have added their own "model number", being a DZB312B.

There is no such thing when you try and find a manual online. I got hold of someone in China, and they reckon it is actually a DZB200B(see attached). When you look for a manual, you can find one for the 200M, and 200J. There is no "B".....

This machine was configured for NCStudio, but obviously trying to run MASSO now. I don't want to wreck my VFD by wiring it wrong....

Sorry can't be much help there. I assume you just need to change some frequency parameters?? surely they would have almost the same menu structure?

I have a delta VFD that is connected to a tool post grinder I cobbled together and was only about 5 parameters I think to get it runnning.

But anyway I have never even heard of that brand.