MASSO TTL & Relay output voltage

westyone

Westyone
Hello - I'm trying to use the MASSO TTL and/or Relay outputs to send a single to a 120v relay. The MASSO output voltage from the pins measures 5v and the relays require at least 12v.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

evermech

evermech
You will want to use a relay output most likely. How do you have it wired, and how is the relay output configured?

Guy

westyone

Westyone
Quote from evermech on August 21, 2019, 5:04 pm

You will want to use a relay output most likely. How do you have it wired, and how is the relay output configured?

Guy

Hello Guy - Thanks for your reply. I am triggering the Relay #1 from the F1 screen manually (High/Low space bar) in Masso for testing. Later, this will be G code controlled with M62/M63 or whatever in the code.

I see Masso sends 5v on the pin when "High" selected and goes to Zero when set low. Is 5v all it can do? I see 24v going to the optical spindle sensor.

Cheers

Does M

evermech

evermech
Hi @westyone

in the drawing for relay wiring the 9 to 24v + power is coming from an external power supply like the one that powers the Masso most likely, then goes through the input side of the relay and into the relay output pin that you are using which basically allows the power to get to dc- through the controller when the relay out you are using is activated by the appropriate M code. Hope this makes sense

Guy

Relay%20Connections.png

westyone

Westyone
Thanks Gents - I think I'm getting it now. I had to Google what an "Open Collector" is.

Interesting stuff.

Bless you guys for your patience. Masso support can't deal with all the stupid questions LOL.

Best Regards to all

evermech

evermech
My opinion is that it is stupid to not ask a question after all how can a person learn. You will be wiring relays like a pro in no time

Guy

westyone

Westyone
Quote from evermech on August 21, 2019, 11:50 pm

My opinion is that it is stupid to not ask a question after all how can a person learn. You will be wiring relays like a pro in no time

Guy

Hey Guy - I saw on another post you'r a West Coaster. I'm in Victoria.

Cheers