Motion Interuption after Tool Change

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
I have an issue where I have to press cycle start a second time to get it work after a manual tool change and it sometimes looses track of the machine coordinates. Has anyone come across an issue where Masso suddenly stops after pressing cycle start following a tool change?

Thanks, Stephen Brown

tayloredtech

TayloredTech
I have to press rewind then cycle start a bunch of times to start my G-code. Not sure if it's the same glitch but it takes a few times to get it going even when the G-code is already at the beginning...

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
@testyourdesign let's check if this is not caused due to the USB drive disconnecting.
  1. Please goto the F1-Setup screen and in the General settings and tick Load "autoload.nc" on power up.
  2. Next make a file on the USB pen drive called autoload.nc (on the root folder of the USB drive and not in any folder) and make a small program to make a square box.
  3. You will see that as soon as you plug the USB to MASSO then the file will be automatically loaded.
  4. Now run and load you other gcode files and when you have the cycle start issue let us know if the square box from the autoload.nc file shows up on the screen all the sudden.
  5. If the square box comes up on its own then that means that the USB got disconnected for some reason and then got connected back.

After the above tests we can see what's the issue.

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
Just ran the test. @masso-support please note the following:

1- Autoload.nc loads as expected on start-up.

2- Ran probing sequence program with tool change. Worked ok as usual.

3- Set new G54 using autoload.

4- Loaded simple fly cutting program with one tool change command.

5- Program requested tool change. Changed tool then pressed cycle start.

6- Mill did a very small move then stopped.

7- Pressed cycle start again and machine did another move to wrong position then errored out when it began to move down in Z.

8- Autoload program never appeared on screen during other program runs. No USB error occured.

See attached photos and g-code files. Flycut tool path should have been at Y-0.5 inches from the vise jaw. It ended up at X2 Y-4 inches instead. Screen photo shows machine coordinates at Y4.09 but Machine appears to be closer to Y2. Something is causing it to get mixed up after the tool change. This only started happening after V3.38 and my spindle relay control issue.

Sincerely, Stephen Brown

Attachments

• autoload.nc
    121 bytes · Views: 14
  • FLYBOY-Z.nc
    323 bytes · Views: 16
  • Errors-on-Screen.jpg
    Errors-on-Screen.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • Location-not-at-G54.jpg
    Location-not-at-G54.jpg
    614.5 KB · Views: 17

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
thanks, so the USB is running fine then and not disconnecting.

Can you please share the MASSO Settings and probing cycle file also, will run it on our setup.

So for our tests please make some dot points and we will follow the exact same steps to replicate the issue.

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
@masso-support Attached are all the files as requested.
  1. Set G59 to location within 1" of corner for probing. Probe will locate Top and Far Left Corner of Part.
  2. Load Probe-Corner.nc and press Cycle Start. Probe is T0 so it will ask for tool change if its not already loaded.
  3. Save new G54 using AutoLoad in worksheet.
  4. Load FlyBoy-Z.nc and press cycle start. Flycutter is T7 so it will ask for tool change.
  5. Error occurs after pressing cycle start following the tool change.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Stephen Brown

Attachments

• autoload.nc
    121 bytes · Views: 17
  • MASSO_Settings.htg
    616 bytes · Views: 18
  • MASSO_Tools.htg
    1.9 KB · Views: 18
  • FLYBOY-Z.nc
    323 bytes · Views: 16
  • Probe-Corner.nc
    804 bytes · Views: 18

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
we ran the files and it worked, we had to press cycle start after tool change twice but we can ignore this for the time being. Troubleshooting this is a bit complex as there are a few things going on. Just one question, do you have this kind of issue only when you use the probing routines gcode file bfore running FLYBOY-Z.nc or even if you try to run the FLYBOY-Z.nc directly?

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
@testyourdesign we ran the programs a few times again today and they are working fine, probing program is so cool, works very well.

As our machine setup will be different than yours, we cant load the MASSO settings from your machine but one of the things that we found in your settings file is that the motor PPR is too high at 10000 and your axis resolution is coming to be 0.00002 inch. I think this might be putting too much load in the internal calculations as this resolution is very hard to achieve even mechanically. If you can please set all your drives to about 2000 PPR or less then this might make a difference and anyways its better to keep the drives at this resolution.

Please try this and let us know how you go.

testyourdesign

testyourdesign
Well I am happy to report that simply changing the PPR to 2000 appears to have solved the problem. I ran both programs 5 times and it now works flawlessly. Feeling so relieved that is was just a simple adjustment. I actually was able to increase the maximum feed by 50% without affecting the performance so that definitely was the issue.

Thanks for all your help @masso-support.

Cheers, Stephen Brown