NPN / PNP sensors

routertrav

routertrav
I am still looking into purchasing the Masso Controller. One thing I am not clear on is how it will handle NPN or PNP sensors. I have NPN sensors right now, which do not work on my current controller as they are. I had to wire in 12v mechanical relays. Can I wire NPN sensors directly to the Masso Controller? The documentation says I can invert the input. Does this mean I can use NPN or PNP by simply inverting the input on the setup screen?

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Yes you can use a NPN or PNP type sensor with MASSO.

Can you share a link to the sensor user manual please.

routertrav

routertrav
That is what I wanted to hear. Thank you for the prompt reply. Here is a link to the sensors that I have. I will be using 4 sensors to start with. I want to slave the Y and B axis for gantry alignment. I will be adding more sensors or switches later, so that I do not have to use soft limits. In case this link does not work properly, I am using PEPPERL+FUCHS sensor, part number: NBN8-12GM50-E0-V1

https://www.pepperl-fuchs.com/usa/en/classid_143.htm?view=productdetails&prodid=3441#overview

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Thanks for the info and as the sensor can work upto 30v it will be good idea to run the sensor and MASSO on 24v.