output automatic function

yoda

yoda
Hello,

I have water cooled spindle. To OUT20 I will put the SSR relay for that function. How can I do the following:
  • start programm, spindle is starting, OUT20 is HIGH, so spindle is cooled
  • stop program, spindle was stopped, OUT20 is still HIGH for next 5min, after that will stop automatically

Best regards

Radek

breezy

Arie
Staff member
@yoda

I asked for similar function (Spindle cooling control, July 26, 2018) but ended up wiring the spindle coolant pump directly to the 12v power supply, so the spindle is cooled continuously. One thing that I added was a flow switch to the coolant return pipe at the reservoir and connected it to the Spindle Coolant Flow Alarm Input.

Regards,

Arie.

cncnutz

CNCnutz
Staff member
Hi @yoda

Have you considered a timer relay that stays on as long as output 20 is high and once output 20 goes low the timer counts down and turns off.

I found this timer board and function P-4 sounds like it will do what is required if i read it right. I would not switch a mains voltage through the relay contact but it could be used to switch the SS Relay you have.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33014830389.html?

Cheers Peter

yoda

yoda
I do not want to go by external way with permanent running or with next chinas toys in the installation. This is a CNC, it is very easy for system. This is a same for example automatic lubrication pump. Everythink should be controlled by CNC I think and I would like to :)