Outputs?

buschbwbusch

buschbwbusch
I am using a PLR in conjunction with the controller on this machine. I would like an output on the Masso to make the Input on the PLR...They are the same voltage and share the same power supply. However the inputs on the PLR require a +24V to be made and the relay drive output on masso is providing a path to - how can I remedy this situation. IS there a way to change the Type of opto on the board or am I just stuck running it through another relay to make the PLR input..just seems redundant.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Can you provide some details or links to the PLR.

Most likely the easiest way would be that you wire the +ve to the +ve of the MASSO power supply and -ve of the PLR to the relay output, but keep in mind that the amps drawn from the output are not more than what the MASSO relay output can support.

buschbwbusch

buschbwbusch
The power supply to the Masso and Teco plr are the same wiring loop already. The only thing I could do is turn on and off the entire plr with the Masso relay output... that is unless I can change the relay output to output+24 then life would be grand. Any chance a different opto puts out 24+ ? Thank you for your time.

buschbwbusch

buschbwbusch
I am using the PLR as a Safety circuit to build logic as to when things are to turn on. IF this and this and this is true then turn on output whatever. The PLR allows me to be flexible with things moving forward. For instance there is a small hiccup with the output for the drawbar coming on when the masso is being powered up, I am not sure if the output on the masso floats for a second or what happens but the output is driven high for a split second. With the PLR I can put the powering up of the power supply that supplies power to the drawbar valve last...assuming I can eventually get a "ready state" output from the Masso I can make sure things do not activate when they should not. I can just you another opto in between the 2...but I would rather not add hardware if it is not truly necessary.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
A similar issue has been brought up by a few other clients and on power up there is a small delay that the outputs are triggered, we are looking into this and might be adding something in the software to stop this prom happening.