Plasma v3.41 and Proma THC working fine

ae_mike

AE_Mike
I'm using code v3.41 and a Proma THC 150 on my plasma table, it is working as expected and I'm happy with my cutting results.

I did have to do 1 minor tweak: add the feedrate to the M667 command in the SheetCam post and to slow the THC feedrate down to 127 mm/min / 5 ipm. Leaving out the feedrate for THC allowed my Z axis to go crazy bouncing up and down too fast and too far (my default Z feedrate is 30 ipm) and cuts would either be incomplete or the torch head would hit the material. Slowing down the Z feedrate solved the problem. My voltage target range on the Proma is +/- 5% of the desired voltage which seems to be a reasonable range.

Thanks to Masso and everyone else that helped them sort out the issues with the Proma THC, saving me many headaches.

ae_mike

AE_Mike
Sorry been using the machine and not paying attention to the forum. I'm attaching some pictures of my 2 foot x 4 foot machine. Includes a floating Z head with breakaway (via eBay out of Canada) and a water table. So far so good, making decent parts for my restomod MG project. Sorry I haven't taken any videos while cutting, not sure what the plasma light would do to my cell phone camera, maybe nothing but . . .

Attachments

• Overall_system_s.jpg
    Overall_system_s.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 12
  • ControlBox_Inside_s.jpg
    ControlBox_Inside_s.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 13
  • ControlBox_Rear_s.jpg
    ControlBox_Rear_s.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Z_axis_torch_head_s.jpg
    Z_axis_torch_head_s.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 11

cncburn

cncburn
My system is also working well with the new version. I am running my Z at 25 IPM standard speed. With the Capacitive THC, I also modified the sheetcam post and for my last project I used M667 F17. It kept up with some significant warping without radical bouncing.