Router not moving and other things

dhagen

dhagen
First question..

When I click on the Spindle CW button on the F2 screen shouldn t the status of the spindle CW output on the setup screen change from low to High? It is not on my controller, it just stays on low.

I have the solid state relay control for the router power connected to the spindle cw output. I checked with a voltage meter on the spindle CW output screw and I am not detecting any voltage change when clicking on the spindle cw button. It seems to me it should go to 5 volts with the spindle CW clicked (yellow)

Second, I have loaded a simple file to cut a 2 inch circle. When I run the program the router moved to the z zero position then stops and does not run the rest of the code. The Feedhold button on the F2 screen is red, even though I had not pressed esc. Is this button suppose to be RED all the time? When I initially turn in the masso, this button is Red. Is that normal? It does not move past the first move command.

Third..

How do I get informed of new software versions.

I looked around the website and could not see a place about software updates. Is there a notifications via e-mail?

The version I am running is: Mill 3 axis v3.41pre

Attachments

• DBB40973-87C4-4D76-B1C8-AEDCAE458B3C.jpeg
    DBB40973-87C4-4D76-B1C8-AEDCAE458B3C.jpeg
    1,009.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 39BC5441-01FB-4DA4-8B53-61660C18493B.jpeg
    39BC5441-01FB-4DA4-8B53-61660C18493B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
  1. have you set your spindle control to VFD or PWM in the spindle settings window, I think you have it set to PWM and that is why you are not getting the CW signal.
  2. the feed hold buttons are always colored red as cycle stop buttons have red color as a standard.
  3. Software update info is emailed and you have the latest version.

evermech

evermech
@dhagen did your spindle start when trying to run that simple file?

have you got your offsets sorted out I'm wondering why the display is showing a different position than the g code says. Ie X should be at 4.000 I think

Guy

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Quote from evermech on July 20, 2019, 1:52 am

I'm wondering why the display is showing a different position than the g code says. Ie X should be at 4.000 I think

Guy

It's only a partial screen view and you are looking at the machine coordinates and not the working coordinates.

Cheers

Peter

dhagen

dhagen
Ok, what is happening is there is a 37 second delay from the time I clicked the start button and the machine starts the job.

I see there is a default spindle startup delay (1585ms) and a spindle stop delay of approximately 35 second delay. It looks like it is adding up the two spindle delays before the job starts. That does not seem right. I timed it on my ipad I clicked on the job start and the timer start button, it timed out to 37 seconds. It should not be running the spin down delay before the job even starts.

Tomorrow I am going to adjust these down and see if it changes.... Are there any other kind delays in the masso I should be aware of?