Scripting for I/O Control

manicalengineer

ManicalEngineer
Hello!

We are considering purchasing a Masso controller and one of the questions I have is can I control/read the I/O s so that we can use our tool changer? If so please let me know if its a standard programming languge (ie python, VB, C++, javascript, ect) or a Masso specific language.

Thanks

tayloredtech

TayloredTech
Quote from ManicalEngineer on November 8, 2018, 6:18 pm

Hello!

We are considering purchasing a Masso controller and one of the questions I have is can I control/read the I/O s so that we can use our tool changer? If so please let me know if its a standard programming languge (ie python, VB, C++, javascript, ect) or a Masso specific language.

Thanks

From discussion with Masso support, it's its own code written from scratch.

There is already support for auto tool changing. Check the documentation and there is a video showing you how to set up linear tool changers. The I/O is only readable through Masso.

manicalengineer

ManicalEngineer
Thanks for the response, our tool changer is supplied by Fryer (its on the Fryer VB-50 that we are going to use the MASSO on). images attached

Attachments

• image2-9.jpeg
    image2-9.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • image1-23.jpeg
    image1-23.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
thanks @manicalengineer this tool changer can be controlled by MASSO, can you please provide a list, photos of the sensors, motors and actuators on the tool changer. Can you also find a youtube video of this tool changer in action and share with us.

what's your controller serial number please?

manicalengineer

ManicalEngineer
Thanks! Is that something we can set up here, we have a number of talented programmers (including embedded programmers) who can are capable. The MASSO controller we have currently is on loan from an employee so I don't really want to be changing firmware/software on his without first asking him.

I don't have all the information readily available right now. Is this something we could implement on our own or is that something we'd need to support from MASSO to do? Would there be an additional cost?

Thanks,

Sean Bicknell

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
To keep MASSO stable we add the logic ourselves and once we have the info we can easily do that, there is no cost for this but we require all the information and maybe a video so that we dont have to spend a lot of time getting the right info.

manicalengineer

ManicalEngineer
Thank you for your answer! When/If we are ready to move forward with integrating the MASSO we will reach out with the information that is needed. Once provided what is the turnaround time? We are a business so down time is a critical factor for us and will likely factor in to how we schedule the change over.

Thanks

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
the time would depend on the tool changer logic and how much workload we have at that time. Generally in a project like this its always a good idea to have some extra time as there are always unexpected surprises when making a CNC.