Support for Touch Screen Monitors

bob88

Bob88
Do you have plans to implement touchscreen support in the future?

Some shops may not permit mouse control but might permit touchscreen control.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Yes for sure, we will be releasing a test release software version for user feedback in about 2-3 weeks time.

tech-3d-cnc

Tech 3D CNC
Really looking forward to this release.

Glad you guys are taking your time to get it right. There's a lot to consider when moving to touch screen control.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Yes touch will require a lot of things to change on the screen, in the initial release it will only be first getting the touch drivers to work to get feedback from users on how the drivers work with their screens, later we will be doing updates to GUI, so right now it will be mix of mouse and touch.

simonrafferty

SimonRafferty
I don't know if it's useful, but I previously used this https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v4.9/source/drivers/input/touchscreen/usbtouchscreen.c

to write a simple (single touch) driver for a piece of hardware. Although it's not exhaustive, it seems to cover most likely screens.

You can extract absolute X & Y coordinates plus a boolean for a confirmed touch event.

I imagine your current mouse driver just increments or decrements a counter for X & Y? Setting the counter value to the absolute X & Y values should be sufficient initially anyway just to use the touchscreen as a mouse replacement.

Of course there are much cooler things you can do with multi-touch and by reading pressure - but I doubt they are all that useful in this context.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Thanks for the info but that is for a Linux system, as we dont run any OS on MASSO, any of that standard code will not work.

simonrafferty

SimonRafferty
I didn't imagine that the code would run on your system. However, the hardest part of writing any device driver is obtaining & trawling through all the protocol specifications for the devices to find out how they individually communicate with the host.

The take-away from this code are the device classes, identifiers and packet structure for each type of screen. Whoever wrote this did all the heavy lifting. To give your system, wide compatibility with different vendors touchscreens, you can use the same structure if not the actual code.

Achieving wide compatibility with touchscreens is hard. This makes it easy regardless of what processor you are running on.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Thanks for that but we already have the touch working on the controller, its just that we have not been able to complete it due to some other priority developments.

ezzupturbo

Ezzupturbo
What monitor touch controller are you using to trial touch so we can start to buy Monitors ready for the update.

Disregard found the video ?

riadh

Riadh
Hello.

i'm Riadh from Tunisia .
any news of other touchscreen monitor tested with MASSO cnc maybe 19" or 20" ? the 3 monitors brand listed in

MASSO page are difficult to find in TUNISIA .

Any help

thanks

riadh

Riadh
Please i find this open frame touch screan monitor on china store i seems the same as

the monitor ichawk screen K120TC DUV2 mentioned in your forum .

this is the 15 inch one . please do you think this 15inch will work with your masso cnc controller.

best regards

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
please search the forums I think we saw another client who has confirmed that this screen already works with MASSO.

ezzupturbo

Ezzupturbo

Attachments

• 057A069E-1738-4422-BEA6-9F1029EAAE68.png
    057A069E-1738-4422-BEA6-9F1029EAAE68.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 17

airnut

Airnut
Quote from MASSO Support on August 1, 2018, 11:19 am

We are using the EYOYO 15" Touchscreen from ebay: https://www.ebay.com.au/p/EYOYO-15-...m=272626471039&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

For all of us on the other side of the pond. Is this the same monitor?

Steve

extranormal

ExtraNormal
Hello,

I purchased the recommended Eyoyo 15" screen and couldn't get the touch feature to work. I tried all combinations of restarting, powering up, different USB ports, plugging USB after or before power up etc. I returned it and am now trying a 10" version by the same company MODEL# EM10A. Again I tried all combinations of restarting, powering up, different USB ports, plugging USB after or before power up etc. This touch screen model specifically said it was "driver-free" and would work with Windows 7, 8, 10, Android, Linux and Rasberry Pi controllers. So far, I am still not able to get it the touch feature to work. Can anyone give me any ideas of what else I could try? The VGA signal is working great, it's the serial/ touch signal that isn't registering with the controller. Any workarounds or creative hacks are welcomed!

Attachments

• IMG_2350.jpg
    IMG_2350.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23