Torch Touch signal using Plasma Table ground!!! Possible?

kiptech

KipTech
Hello,

I'm working on an older machine.

There is no floating head.

I like to probe the z-axis with the Torch Touch Signal from Masso by contact with the Torch Cup.

Is this possible?

(I can find this anywhere.)

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
not sure because when the torch is switched on the very high voltage arc signal might go into that touch signal wire damaging the unit.

kiptech

KipTech
Ok, so you don't have any experience with a possible solution for this?

I searched the internet and found out there are special ciruits on for this zo the signals are totally loose and isolated from each other, but i don't think Masso is going to make such a device for there Plasma Masso? I can find the stories about them but i can't find a product that i can order anywhere.

kiptech

KipTech
Thank you very much!

I see that some of the big brands have those solutions. Hypertherm for instans.

Now i have to search for u unit that does the trick.

When u succeed, i'll let it know!

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
I think you can simply wire that on the MASSO relay controlling the torch on/off, simply have another relay in parallel so that when the torch is OFF then this touch signal is connected via the relay and feed it to MASSO input, when the torch relay goes ON then this relay goes off and you have the signal isolated.

kiptech

KipTech
Thanks for the information! I'll get back to this when my customer want this option. When i do something new of so, ill let is know!

jcoldon

jcoldon
I have use a command cnc ohmic touch they call if fether touch I have a wireing diagram on my face book site CNC plasma table builders

keep in mind ohmic touch needs a back up if you rusty metal or paint and no contact the z will drive the torch in the table