Unable to start spindle from Masso

jacksplace

jacksplace
Hi Team,
I am new to Masso and to CNC machining. We purchased a Heavy Mill from 3DTek and have installed the software for the Masso you sent to me over the weekend. Thankyou, great service!

We have set the drives up and can home, jog etc but are unable to start the spindle from the Masso software. The VFD has been wired as per 3dTek instructions and I can start the spindle from the VFD if I change the settings to use the touch panel. Is there something we are missing or have not setup in the Masso yet? I couldn't find a shortcut or tab to start the spindle in the Jog area either?

Attached imgae shows the wiring setup from 3dTek

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• MassoVFD.jpg
    MassoVFD.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 10

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
have you checked with 3DTek if there are any special parameters that you need to set on the VFD?

The wiring looks good and as you mentioned in your email that you have set the MASSO to VFD mode, it should be good from MASSO side. Can you also share a screen grab of the MASSO's F1 screen with the Spindle settings window open.

jacksplace

jacksplace
I have contacted Ben but he is away in the UK so it may take a while to hear back. Screen image below, thanks

Attachments

• Spindle-Settings.jpg
    Spindle-Settings.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 10

breezy

Arie
Staff member
Quote from ECS on May 7, 2019, 11:38 pm

Off topic but the 3DTEK logo looks awesome in the masso software!

I agree, would like to add that to the Bicton Men's Shed's Heavy Mill.

Regards,

Arie.

tayloredtech

TayloredTech
Also off topic- Sorry! but who makes that adapter for the Mass0- 3DTEK?! I am looking at making a big adaptor plate and would love to find the manufacturer.

On topic- @jacksplace What is the VFD set to be controlled by default? many times it will be default to the control panel but may have different options for start/ stop.

Might be set for NPN (short to ground) not PNP (short to source/ voltage). You want the latter for Masso

breezy

Arie
Staff member
Quote from TayloredTech on May 8, 2019, 5:20 am

Also off topic- Sorry! but who makes that adapter for the Mass0- 3DTEK?! I am looking at making a big adaptor plate and would love to find the manufacturer.

3DTek is the supplier of the MASSO to Gecko parallel adaptor. Ben supplied it to us, as part of the MASSO purchase. On his old web page you could purchase it, but now I can't find it.

There is a write up about here 3DTek.xyz Masso to Gecko Parallel

Write to him to find out if he still sells it as a separate item.

Regards,

Arie.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
@jacksplace The MASSO settings look good.

So how are you testing the spindle? If you go to the F2 screen, make sure no alarms are flashing on the screen and then if you give S5000 M3 command in MDI and press enter does it show that change on the MASSO screen?

jacksplace

jacksplace
Hi Team, sorry for the late reply I have been away. Still no joy. I think maybe the VFD is not setup correctly. Still no word back from Ben as he's in the UK. I'll have to wait until he gets back. Thanks