Usb 3.0 hub issues?

adstaggs

adstaggs
If I just run the usb hub with usb keyboard and wireless mouse it works fine but when I plug in my usb thumb drive format Fat32 with just two tap files the masso freezes, do i need a powered usb hub?

adstaggs

adstaggs
I put the thumb drive in the usb, but not having a keyboard or mouse I am not able to see if the files will load.

evermech

evermech
You should be able to use the hub to connect your keyboard and wireless mouse dongle thingy into one USB port on Masso ( the port with the keyboard symbol ) and then plug your thumb drive with programs directly into the other USB port. G2 has two USB ports and G3 I believe has four.

Guy

breezy

Arie
Staff member
I've just had a quick look in the MASSO documentation but can't find it, but somewhere in there it says that all software & code can be loaded onto the same USB stick and inserted into the "top" USB port.

Regards,

Arie.

PS. I'm using a powered USB2.0 hub with no problems.

evermech

evermech
Once the Masso os is loaded it doesn't need to be on the flash drive any more. I just run my program files in the top USB port like Arie says.

Guy

breezy

Arie
Staff member
Quote from evermech on November 5, 2019, 5:57 am

Once the Masso os is loaded it doesn't need to be on the flash drive any more.

Part of the software install is file extension renaming. When the new software has been installed the HTG extension is changed to HT1 for the serial number file, so the install firmware ignores the software update on the USB stick. I remove it from the USB stick after the update to regain memory space from my code files. But lately I gone to using one USB stick for code and another for Software, copying the update into a folder with the version name, so I can backup if things go wrong. Especially as I'm an alpha tester.

Regards,

Arie