USB Hub

g0browns

g0browns
Does anyone know if the MASSO function with a USB hub plugged into the keyboard USB spot to connect both a mouse and a keyboard? I don't have one to test. Figured I would ask before I went and bought one.

evermech

evermech
Hi @g0browns,

I ended up using a wireless mouse keyboard combo set. that way I plugged the transmitter in the keyboard usb output of the Masso, and that left the usb output

empty for my flash drive with the programs on it. I am having a little trouble with the flash drive so I didn't want the usb hub in the mix just in case it was causing trouble.

Guy

clover

clover
@g0browns

Unsure about that. I have a cheap unpowered USB hub plugged into the USB port and both mouse and USB drive from that. Will try tomorrow your queried way. Cheers, Patrick

edit... Just remembered - when I update the software I always connect the USB drive directly to the Masso and don't go through the hub. I seem to recall reading that this should be done with loading updates, or perhaps that may be just with the initial software install..

g0browns

g0browns
Thanks for the responses. I'm just looking to attach a mouse and keyboard and leave the USB port open just to be clear. I know if I plug a mouse into the "USB drive" port... it works

Of all the tech that I have.... and I'm that guy with boxes of it. I dont think I've ever had a need for a USB hub.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Hi g0browns

Yes you can use a USB hub on the keyboard port of Masso to connect both a mouse and a keyboard.

On my Keyboard port I have a cheap 4 port USB hub with a wireless keyboard, a wireless mouse, Touch screen and the 4th port provides power to a VGA to HDMI adapter with no problems at all.

The other port I keep free for the USB stick.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Peter

g0browns

g0browns
Quote from MASSO Support on June 22, 2019, 10:09 am

Hi g0browns

Yes you can use a USB hub on the keyboard port of Masso to connect both a mouse and a keyboard.

On my Keyboard port I have a cheap 4 port USB hub with a wireless keyboard, a wireless mouse, Touch screen and the 4th port provides power to a VGA to HDMI adapter with no problems at all.

The other port I keep free for the USB stick.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Peter

Awesome. Thank you!

clover

clover
@g0browns Just to confirm Peter's experience, have connected my USB as you required and works perfectly. Intend leaving in that way. Cheers, Patrick