VCarve Post Processor selection?

patchlead

Patchlead
I am tweaking my new MASSO controller on a 3DTek.xyz heavy mill and I am looking at buying Vcarve from Vectric, as it was recommended to me.

My question is, out of the many post processors to select from, what would closest match the MASSO controller?? There is heaps of file types, but MASSO seems to want only .nc files, so that cuts it down a heap... I tried USBCNC, which seems to work, unless i try to use multiple tools..

Has anyone tried this software?

Thanks in advance.

Phill

wbodie37

wbodie37
G'day,

I'm using Aspire Pro V9 and I just use the g.code post processor, they're are two in the list one has (AT) and the other has (MT) if you use the (AT) post it will allow you to use multiple tools.

It saves them as (.tap) files which Masso accepts.

patchlead

Patchlead
I didn't know about the .tap format, I will look tonight. I would definitely like multiple tool capabilities, at least with manual changes.

psyko62

Norm Sykes
I haven't run any programs as yet, but posting out of Solidworks/Autodesk HSMWorks using the Fanuc post. Reading through the G-code, it looks clean & good.

patchlead

Patchlead
Quote from wbodie37 on March 12, 2018, 9:24 am

G'day,

I'm using Aspire Pro V9 and I just use the g.code post processor, they're are two in the list one has (AT) and the other has (MT) if you use the (AT) post it will allow you to use multiple tools.

It saves them as (.tap) files which Masso accepts.

Playing a little, this PP seems a little off... I get this on the start of code,
T2M6
G17
G0Z20.320H2

which works, tool change to T2 first thing. (note the order of the code). Once it calls the tool change the second time i get this
M0
M06T3
G43H3
S12000M03
G0X60.996Y38.601Z5.080

The program stop ok, but it does not know the reversed M06 command..

MASSO does not reconcile M06T3 or M6T3 only T3M6 or T3M06. Is this the normal format- Tool then M6 command or M6 command then Tool?

wbodie37

wbodie37
Yeah, that command looks like an auto tool changer command it's basically telling the machine to go and retrieve the tool from the tool position and bring it to the tool change position then make the tool change, the reverse command is basically telling the machine to make a tool change with tool # 3 I don't understand why Masso can't deal with it.

The tool Identification first is usually used when you have large tool clusters on your machine, basically you can issue a T command whilst you are doing another process and the cadet will rotate around to the tool selected, then when you have finished the process you can issue the M command and the tool is at the change position waiting, this saves time in a large operation. but both commands are valid either way T3M6 or M6T3.

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Firstly thanks wbodie37 for putting in the effort and helping out others.

As you mentioned in the last message about T and M6 commands and its exactly how it works, now I dont have full gcode of the above program to check but if in the start of the gcode you have M6 T3 then the tool change will not happen and MASSO will remember tool 3 to be changed later, now in the gcode file if there is no M6 command later in the file then the tool wont change, so it best to use T3 M6.

patchlead

Patchlead
Thanks..

I realise masso remembers the tool it has, and will not change if not needed.

I ment the command g0t(anything) doesn't seem to work on my controller.. Only if the t is first.

clover

clover
My first post folks so please be kind :)

Have just ordered my Masso. I have been using Vectric Vcarve as a CAD/CAM. Has anyone yet sussed out a definitive Vectric postprocessor for the Masso?

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
Hi all, we are just starting to work on the POST, if anyone is interested to help with the trials then please let us know in this post and we can get going, thanks.