Wiring Leadshine ES-D808 with MASSO

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
To wire the Leadshine ES-D808 with MASSO:
ES-D808

1. Connect MASSO's Axis connector S+ pin to ESD-808 PUL+ (Pin 1)
  2. Connect MASSO's Axis connector S- pin to ESD-808 PUL- (Pin 2)
  3. Connect MASSO's Axis connector D+ pin to ESD-808 DIR+ (Pin 3)
  4. Connect MASSO's Axis connector D- pin to ESD-808 DIR- (Pin 4)

thechopperking

TheChopperKing
Also on my leadshine esd 508 there are control signal out connectors.
  • INP +
  • INP -
  • Fault +
  • Fault -

What is INP ?

What does the +- imply

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
  • Could not find the INP+/- signals in the datasheet
  • You can wire the Fault signal to the MASSO and setup as motor alarm so that if the drive has an issue or the motor cant complete the requested move then MASSO will go into feedhold and display a message on screen.

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
Quote from MASSO - Support on February 28, 2018, 10:19 am

• Could not find the INP+/- signals in the datasheet
  • You can wire the Fault signal to the MASSO and setup as motor alarm so that if the drive has an issue or the motor cant complete the requested move then MASSO will go into feedhold and display a message on screen.

Hi,

What about the ENA + and ENA - were this go on masso?

Thanks

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
Just done wiring my leadshine closeloop stepper motor and i fundout that you can used external 5volt yo reset the driver if the driver has stall, the only problem is to how to wire the error + and error - going to masso input signal.

On my understanding is i need to put + 24 volt to error + and error - is going to input signal to masso.

If the driver got and error the error + will open and pass the 24v going to error - and goes out to signal input of masso and if this signal is high it will hold and stop the controller.

Please advise me if i am right.

Thanks

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
  1. Wire the ENA via the E-Stop button, so that it will disable the drive on E-Stop.
  2. Yes the +24 will connect to FAULT+ and FAULT- will be connected to MASSO input.
  3. You can then test this by unplugging the motor encoder cable from the drive and when trying to rotate the motor from the controller you will get an alarm.

pinoy-cnc

Pinoy CNC
Quote from MASSO - Support on March 5, 2018, 6:32 pm

1. Wire the ENA via the E-Stop button, so that it will disable the drive on E-Stop.
  2. Yes the +24 will connect to FAULT+ and FAULT- will be connected to MASSO input.
  3. You can then test this by unplugging the motor encoder cable from the drive and when trying to rotate the motor from the controller you will get an alarm.

But i need to used another 5volt power supply because the drive accept only 5volts

masso-support

MASSO Support
Staff member
You can put a 4K resistor on each drive enable+ signal if you want to connect the 24v power to the enable inputs.

carl

Carl
Hi Team
I have just completed this mod to my ES-D808s on a G2 controller with resistors and yes it works well.....However, I'd really like it to fault when the power supply drops out as well. So I unplug the encoder circuit and it faults but when I unplug the Power side of things the drive drops out and system keeps running with no fault. Once I can sort this out I'll do the same to my other machine that runs a G3.
Thanks

cncnutz

CNCnutz
Staff member
Hi Carl

According to the ES-D808

In default, the resistance between FAULT+ and FAULT- is low impedance in normal operation and become high when ES-D808 goes into error. The active level of alarm signal is software configurable.

If you set the Fault output to be the opposite of what it currently is and invert the MASSO input then it should behave as you want when you turn the power off to the drive.

Cheers Peter

carl

Carl
Thanks Peter, I had the input inverted when I first wired it up but didn't work. It wouldn't trip when I unplugged the encoder. I'll re-visit tonight and try with the power supply.

cncnutz

CNCnutz
Staff member
The only way to make it work the way you want is to force the drive to actively output a signal when everything is normal.
If it can't do that it will not work the way you want when you power it down.

Cheers Peter

breezy

Arie
Staff member
The other choice is to connect a relay to the driver power and wire NO to Fault and NC to +24V with COM to MASSO. So when power is applied to driver relay switches the Fault signal from the driver to MASSO input, if the power drops out then 24v is sent to MASSO. The driver Fault output needs to be set to apply +24v on fault condition.

carl

Carl
Thanks Arie. Is it possible you could post up a diagram. I'd love to get this sorted on both my G2 and G3.

breezy

Arie
Staff member
Here is a chicken scratchings for you.

Attachments

• Leadshine ES-D808.jpg
    Leadshine ES-D808.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 33

cncnutz

CNCnutz
Staff member
Hi Carl

I just wanted to check with you that when you inverted the input in MASSO you also inverted the Active level of the alarm signal in the servo drive.
You can see in the documentation that it says that the active level of alarm signal is software configurable.
There must be a setting in the servo configuration software.

1642504414724.png

You may have already done this but I jut wanted to make sure that you understood what I meant before building circuits to do what the servo manual seems to indicate you can do with the click of a mouse.

1642504800080.png

1642504816597.png

These screen shots are from the leadshine ED-D808 software manual it really seems like you can simply invert the fault output from low to high or visa vera with just a single click of the mouse.

Cheers Peter