Z falls under no power conditions.

mr-ben

Mr. Ben
Hi all,

I finished my router a few months ago and have now gone back and checked all the rails and carriages for alignment. Now the Z drops any time I loose enable power to the servos (clear path) or kill all power.

I'm using relay output #7 to also kill enable voltage. To stop the Z from falling, I built a solenoid operated, spring loaded, brake that will lock the Z ball screw when I loose power. The solenoid must be energized during

all non fault conditions for the router to run. I sample the enable voltage and have tied this to Masso input #8. Now to feed 12 volts to the solenoid I want Masso relay output #2 to pick up a small relay which feeds 12 volts to

the solenoid relay ( solenoid is 120V ac). How do I map Masso relay output #2 to the #8 input?

Ben

tayloredtech

TayloredTech
Quote from Mr. Ben on February 26, 2019, 10:57 pm

Hi all,

I finished my router a few months ago and have now gone back and checked all the rails and carriages for alignment. Now the Z drops any time I loose enable power to the servos (clear path) or kill all power.

I'm using relay output #7 to also kill enable voltage. To stop the Z from falling, I built a solenoid operated, spring loaded, brake that will lock the Z ball screw when I loose power. The solenoid must be energized during

all non fault conditions for the router to run. I sample the enable voltage and have tied this to Masso input #8. Now to feed 12 volts to the solenoid I want Masso relay output #2 to pick up a small relay which feeds 12 volts to

the solenoid relay ( solenoid is 120V ac). How do I map Masso relay output #2 to the #8 input?

Ben

I have a massive spindle that has a Z brake set up. The spring loaded solenoid is activated by default and when power is applied to the Masso it then activates the solenoid and releases the axis.

Just hook a 12v 10A relay. Invert the output in Masso so it's voltage is on by default and you're set

mr-ben

Mr. Ben
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I don't want to control this relay with G code. I want Masso relay output #2 to pick up a small relay when Masso input #8 does NOT see a 5v signal.

I have the input part working. The output part is wired and would work if I could just get the input signal to control the output signal. What are are all those 32 inputs for,

if not something like this? I'm missing something!

Ben